Selecting and copying text in the Gospel Library App

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
redmondja

Selecting and copying text in the Gospel Library App

Postby redmondja » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm a new app user. How do you copy and paste text from document to document. I want to be able to paste quotes from Conference so they appear right in my sidebar along with the footnotes? But when I press and highlight a section in the Gospel Library App it doesn't give me a "select" or copy option. Am I missing something?

Mandyau

Re: Selecting and copying text in the Gospel Library App

Postby Mandyau » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:30 am

Hold down to highlight, then press the three dots on bottom right corner and select copy

sbradshaw

Re: Selecting and copying text in the Gospel Library App

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Mandyau wrote:Hold down to highlight, then press the three dots on bottom right corner and select copy

^ These are the instructions for the Android version of Gospel Library.

If you're on iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad), long-press on a word, adjust the selection area if needed, then choose "Copy" from the contextual menu that pops up next to what you're highlighting. If you're on a small screen, you will need to press the triangle/arrow button or rotate your device to see all the options – copy is the 6th option over.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”