Sync setting

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
burgonbv

Re: Sync setting

Post by burgonbv »

I have the same problem with syncing as others with an iPod 5th generation. My iPod has not been able to sync for about a month. I have tried logging out and then logging back in. The sync starts but I terminated it after two hours. I have also deleted the app and re-installed the app. Same problem the sync starts and after a couple of hours I terminate it. Maybe I should let the sync continue to see if it ever completes.
twsettle

Post by twsettle »

I have had the same issue with the sync taking forever and really not completing successfully. I had to remove and reinstall the app in order to get everything working again. I did some experimenting and found that this happens consistently for me when I update or create a bookmark that doesn't have a specific location.

For example, I finished the Book of Mormon recently and book marked the title page to start over. Rather than mark the first paragraph as it would on a priesthood lesson or something similar, it appeared to mark the entire page. After that I had sync issues and that bookmark would not sync.

This has also happened to me when trying to book mark a conference talk in the latest conference. Again the bookmark does not mark the first paragraph but appears to mark the entire talk and that one won't update after that. I don't know if this helps or not, but this is what I have found.
stevebenard

Post by stevebenard »

twsettle, that may perhaps be the break-through we've been looking for! :)

I've done the same thing, attempting to create a bookmark without it being tied to a specific location, verse, or paragraph. It's been too long ago for me to remember if the sync problem occurred immediately thereafter, but I have done the same thing.
klarkwalker

Post by klarkwalker »

I'm having the many of the same issues with the syncing with my iPad. The settings show that it hasn't synced since "last month," but unlike others in this thread, I see no indication that it's even trying to sync when I log out and start the app again. (It's not even asking for a login after a logout and restart. It just takes me right back to the page I was on when I logged off.)
I deleted the few bookmarks I had in the event the problem was caused by something I had in there as suggested in another reply, but to no avail. I guess tomorrow I'll delete the app and then reinstall with the slim hope that it fixes something. But I'm not holding my breath.
stevebenard

Post by stevebenard »

A few minutes ago, I received notice of the latest IOS update from Apple. I updated the IOS and then opened the LDS Library app. Still no synchronization!
curtiso

Post by curtiso »

Syncing works fine on my android phone, but I prefer to study on my iPad. But since sync is broken on my ipad once again, it's useless. I guess it's time to dump the iPad and get an android tablet. I don't have time to reinstall gospel library every other month on the iPad when sync breaks... I'm losing precious study time over this. :-(
stevebenard

Post by stevebenard »

We appear to be largely on our own, here. Does anyone have any ideas about how we can localize this problem and fix it ourselves? Or does anyone know if the Church tech team is already working on it?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

stevebenard wrote:We appear to be largely on our own, here. Does anyone have any ideas about how we can localize this problem and fix it ourselves? Or does anyone know if the Church tech team is already working on it?
You can try sending feedback through Gospel Library, under Settings > Send Feedback, if you haven't already.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
twsettle

Post by twsettle »

I recently got an update for the Gospel Library that required me to re-download the library. I don't know if it was a library update or an application update, but I had to download everything again. Since then, I cannot replicate the problem that I described above regarding bookmarking the new versions of conference and the title page of the Book of Mormon. They all bookmark fine now, and I continue to sync. The bookmarks now just mark the paragraph.
dustingreen

Post by dustingreen »

Just something I've noticed (and maybe its already been discussed) but the syncing problem is between the iPad and the iPhone. I can mark something on the iPhone and it syncs to notes on the LDS site; it is the same for the iPad. The problem is that the iPhone and iPad are not talking to each other.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”