Leadership Training Library video question

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jglanfield

Leadership Training Library video question

Post by jglanfield »

Hi,

Why is it that there are videos on the iPad app that I cannot find on lds.org? For example, I really need access to the video called: "Preparing for Effective Presidency Meetings." It is on the iPad, but I cannot find it on lds.org, and I would like to use it for a leadership meeting (I have no access to AppleTV otherwise I would just run it on the iPad and display it that way).

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Leadership Training Library video question

Post by aebrown »

jglanfield wrote:Why is it that there are videos on the iPad app that I cannot find on lds.org? For example, I really need access to the video called: "Preparing for Effective Presidency Meetings." It is on the iPad, but I cannot find it on lds.org, and I would like to use it for a leadership meeting (I have no access to AppleTV otherwise I would just run it on the iPad and display it that way).
Are you sure that's the exact title?

On my Gospel Library mobile app I can find a video titled "Effective Quorum Presidency Meetings" (at Library > Leadership > Leadership Training Library), and that video is indeed on LDS.org: Effective Quorum Presidency Meetings.

If you're referring to something else, please double check the title, and also mention exactly where you found it in Gospel Library.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

It is called "Preparing for Effective Presidency Meetings". It is in the Leadership Training Library, in between "Elders Quorum President: A Humble Servant - without learning helps" and "Convert Retention" .

It goes along with section 7.7.2 of the handbook.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jglanfield wrote:It is called "Preparing for Effective Presidency Meetings". It is in the Leadership Training Library, in between "Elders Quorum President: A Humble Servant - without learning helps" and "Convert Retention" .

It goes along with section 7.7.2 of the handbook.
Thanks for the clarification. There are so many videos in the Leadership Training Library section that I missed it at first. Now I've found it in Gospel Library, and I agree with you that it's either not on LDS.org or it's so hard to find (at least under that title) that it might as well not be there.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi, sorry for the late response, but I talked to one of the Gospel Library developers and he showed me a trick to get the URL of any video in Gospel Library:
On the iOS device, go into Settings, scroll down to “Library”, and tap on it. Tap on “Advanced” and enable “View Source”. Then force quit GL3, open GL3, navigate to the video, tap Share (top left corner of the app), then the Debug button. This will show the HTML source. You can get the URL out of the source.
There are a few different URLs for each video – each has a different quality/resolution. Here's one of the video URLs:
http://lds.uds.ak.o.brightcove.com/6685 ... 0k-eng.mp4
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I'm in the same situation: I can't find the "St. Thomas Branch" video that IS on my Android Gospel Library App ( Gospel Library > Leadership > Leadership Training Library ), but I can't find it on lds.org....

Same thing for "Act Under the Direction of the Spirit".

Is there any way to access these on my computer? We are giving training and I wanted to show these videos from my computer.

Thank you~!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”