Listening to gospel library off-line

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
gnielsen11

Listening to gospel library off-line

Post by gnielsen11 »

I have noted that with the gospel library you only can download one chapter or one article from a magazine such as the new era to listen to off-line. It will not allow you to download more than one chapter or one article to listen to offline. Is there a way to download multiple chapters or an entire magazine to listen to off-line? For example, I'd like to download the audio for the entire book of Alma when I am at home online, to listen to in my vehicle when I have no online access or cellular access. Is that possible? So far I have only be able to download one chapter or one article at a time. It will not allow you to download multiple articles or chapters.
Thank
Using iPhone or iPod touch
adamjadesmith

Re: Listening to gospel library off-line

Post by adamjadesmith »

One more in on this question. On the old app I could download all the scriptures. I have not figured out how to do this and would love to as a lot of my travel time is in areas without cell coverage. I'm using iPhone.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This is not currently possible, but it is on the to-do list "backlog" for the Gospel Library developers. You can, however, download videos for offline use, where there is video content available.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
wmorrison

Post by wmorrison »

Please make this feature available (listening to audio of scriptures offline), it would be very useful. Please expedite if possible.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

wmorrison wrote:Please make this feature available (listening to audio of scriptures offline), it would be very useful. Please expedite if possible.
Developers don't visit the forums very often – most of the people here are regular members like you. In the meantime, I'd recommend downloading audio tracks from LDS.org and syncing them to your device via iTunes...
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Maybe I do not understand. I can already download all scriptures and listen to them off-line by downloading them from here:
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/formats?lang=eng

Electronic text and audio recordings are also available on the Church’s mobile applications.

Audio recordings are available on iTunes and will soon be available at LDS Media Library.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
bturner

Post by bturner »

I am having a problem downloading gospel library audio for off line use. I reset phone to factory settings and downloaded the library app. Now audio is only available thru wifi or data connection. What am I doing wrong? Downloading from gospel library edit does not appear to work.

Gospel Library 3.4.4
iOS 6.1.6 on iPhone 3GS
iOS Locale: en
/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/27 (English 000, v2.0.0-13)
Version: Schema 2.0.0, Catalog 70
peterowen

Post by peterowen »

Agreed with those requesting this ability. Works great on my android device... I'm shocked that I do not have this ability on the iPad. Please make this a higher priority.
cassandramsmith

Post by cassandramsmith »

Yeeessss!!!! Pleeeeeease! Listening to BoM offline is actually a difficult task on iphone. I am still having to download individual chapters instead of an entire book/section. Trying to follow the prophet's counsel and I do a lot of driving in remote areas without cell towers.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's now possible in Gospel Library to download all audio for a book, in bulk. Open a book (don't go into a chapter – stay on the page where you can see the table of contents or list of chapters for the book), then tap the option from the top right corner to download all audio.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”