Women's conference is not included in IOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
halverson

Women's conference is not included in IOS

Post by halverson »

I noticed today that women's conference is not included under general conference in the IOS app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Women's conference is not included in IOS

Post by russellhltn »

That's because it's not part of General Conference.

On my Android I find it under Broadcasts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
halverson

Post by halverson »

1st thanks for pointing out where they are. I had always thought those were things like the Christmas Broadcasts.

I'm not sure what's doctrine here, but they've included them in the "General Conference Addresses" issue of conference every year and are listed under general conference on LDS.org. Would it not be beneficial to include them?

I also don't think Priesthood session is technically a General conference meeting. Under "about" on lds.org it lists only the Saturday and Sunday 10 and 2 meetings (once again not doctrinal) and if you think about it is not a "General Meeting" but directed to a specific body

My 2 cents to help on organization.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

halverson wrote:I'm not sure what's doctrine here, but they've included them in the "General Conference Addresses" issue of conference every year
I think that's just timing

halverson wrote:and are listed under general conference on LDS.org.
Not sure why they did that.

halverson wrote:I also don't think Priesthood session is technically a General conference meeting.
It's not a "general session", but it is part of the conference. If you look at the start of the Sunday Afternoon session, you'll most likely find the phrase "fifth and concluding session of conference". To me that implies Priesthood is in, but RS (Sept) /YW (March) is not part of it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”