Cannot delete highlight

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
shanaejackson

Re: Cannot delete highlight

Post by shanaejackson »

I do not have a recycle icon when I click in the center of the texts. It just asks me to choose which choice of highlighting I would like.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

shanaejackson wrote:I do not have a recycle icon when I click in the center of the texts. It just asks me to choose which choice of highlighting I would like.
Do you see an arrow/triangle on the right side of the bar? Pressing that will show more options.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
s.tufts

Post by s.tufts »

I really need to be able to delete the highlight. It highlighted the same word, quite a bit, I was nodding off whole reading, and I can't delete these highlights. Please fix
s.tufts

Post by s.tufts »

Too bad I can't post screen shots... I found out how to get rid of the highlight.... Tap it, so the little orange tabby things appear, then tap on the three vertical dots, then tap delete... Now if you did what I did and accidentally highlighted the same word a bunch of times, then double tap the highlighted section and a little popular window will appear asking you to choose a highlight... Tap on the one you want to delete, and it will show you the little orange tabs so you know it is selected, then tap the three dots and tap delete. Hope this helps.
bmorrislaw

Post by bmorrislaw »

Under "tips" it says you can delete highlighting by tapping on the verse and then tapping on the delete icon. However, when I tap on the verse I get an option to choose which highlight I want, and there is no delete icon. Can anyone help with that?
Bree6472

Post by Bree6472 »

Yeahhh....I'm having the same problem. I'm an android user and when I click on the text I do not get a recycle option :-/. What do I do?
wilsongenegaylord9

Post by wilsongenegaylord9 »

Please update to removing/delegating highlighting in 4.2.3.2. It is inconsistent with the above content. I am unable to remove highlighting in a consistent fashion. It is hit and miss. What works one time does not the next.
legos

Post by legos »

I select the highlighted section and hold then a window will come up and show a menu of highlighted ways you did it and it will let you go back to previous highlights. When you select the one you want to undo, you are taken back to the time you highlighted it and can then select the trash icon
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

legos wrote:I select the highlighted section and hold then a window will come up and show a menu of highlighted ways you did it and it will let you go back to previous highlights. When you select the one you want to undo, you are taken back to the time you highlighted it and can then select the trash icon
I think what you're seeing is the "Choose Highlight" screen that let's you choose between overlapping highlights – if you have more than one highlight over the same word(s). Instead of holding your finger on a highlight to delete it (long pressing), you should simply tap on the highlight. Long-pressing on a highlight will create a new text selection, instead of selecting an already-existing highlight, and may lead to the creation of several overlapping highlights.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”