Delete links in GL3

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
justinpwood

Delete links in GL3

Post by justinpwood »

MAIN QUESTION: Does anybody know how to delete a link in GL3? I have some verses where I have set up multiple links and only want to delete one of them (not all by deleting the highlight on my verse with the links).

RELATED QUESTION: Many of my links to D&C passages show up incorrectly. For example, a link to "D&C 78:18-20" shows up as "D&C 78:18-20".

Why does this happen? How can I fix the problem?

(My fix has been to delete these links as I run across them and then to reenter them. They show up correctly after I reenter them, at least for the time being. This is why I'd like to know how to delete links in GL3).

Thanks everyone!
copesetic

Re: Delete links in GL3

Post by copesetic »

I don't know how to decide which ones to delete if you have multiple but to delete a link just tap a highlighted verse (don't reselect it) and the trash can option appears. Sorry if I am telling you something you already know but the trash can option seems to elude many people :)
justinpwood

Post by justinpwood »

Thanks for the reply copesetic. I am aware of the trash can option. I am looking for a way to delete the link and nothing but the link. When I tap the trashcan all of my annotations (highlighting, notes, tags, links, etc.) are deleted. I'm looking for a way to delete links (and tags) individually, without deleting anything else. Any other thoughts?
Thanks!
dicktj

Post by dicktj »

I have the same problem in my android version and have not been able to figure out a solution.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I also can confirm that this is an unknown in GL 3. In trying to learn how links work I set two identical links and now can't figure how to delete one. I'm on iOS.
quandmeme

Post by quandmeme »

Yeah, I make the mess in the app and then clean it up using the web.
krk22

Post by krk22 »

Is there any resolution to this issue? Any way to delete or edit a link? I am aware that I can delete all annotations for the verse but I just want to be able to delete the links associated with the particular verse or edit the link.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”