LDS Gospel Library 3 for iphone

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
paulscherbel
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LDS Gospel Library 3 for iphone

Post by paulscherbel »

I just had a similar problem described here as I was trying out a new highlighting plan I'm working on (to highlight based on the nine basic doctrines described in Come, Follow Me and Seminary). I highlighted multiple words in a verse separately and even used different colors on different words. When I went to delete all the highlights in a verse nothing seemed to happen. It did, however, let me select individual highlights and delete them.
sttracy4

Post by sttracy4 »

I recently downloaded the app. When I tap to open it it opens a screen that says "UpdatingContentTitle" and then it crashes. So I cant use the app. I'd really like to. I have and i phone 4 with updated ios6 software.... any suggestions? Ive tried reinstalling the app and turning off my phone.
Bracken008

Post by Bracken008 »

I found if you do a light tap on the highlighted area a second window showers up under the highlight it will show the text with all the the highlights you have put on that section tap on one of the sections in the second window and the bar will show up again hit the trash can and that color will delete repeat until all the highlights are gone.
ladeehawk

Re: LDS Gospel Library 3 for android

Post by ladeehawk »

The delete for highlighting does not work. I tried touching the trash can about 20 times and there is no change. This is most frustrating in the middle of my studying. Is there a solution? I would be most grateful.
ladeehawk

Post by ladeehawk »

Yea! I figured it out. There are little squares ( boxes) off to the side. Touch a box and it or several of the boxes will jump to the left and be faintly visible. Touch on the those faintly visible boxes and hit the trash can. Works!
taylorsteven

Post by taylorsteven »

No trash can on the Android as well.
houserinis

Post by houserinis »

I found that one users suggestion to remove multiple highlights worked on my iphone 4, the others did not. When you tap once on the section you just highlighted, it will come up with a screen that says "Choose Highlight." In that screen, tap the highlight you wish to remove. This will take you to the original screen and the annotation tool bar will be visible. From here tap the trash button. If you have more highlights on the same paragraph, verse etc then you need to get rid of them by repeating the previous instructions.
Attachments
image.jpg
(142.81 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
image.jpg
(153.4 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
avonharten

Post by avonharten »

The way it works is that what you originally highlight in its entirety is what can be deleted. If you accidentally highlighted a little more than what you meant to you have to delete all the highlighting then do it again. Also, if you make a note you will highlight then too.

To delete highlighting:
Tap on the highlighted area and then the trash can. If you have highlighted something more than once you will need to tap on the selection that pops up then tap the trash can. That will allow you to delete that highlight.
kathrynlittle

Post by kathrynlittle »

I had to touch the highlighted area, then the edit window and then the garbage can several times before I was able to remove all of the layers of highlighting I had inadvertently added as I tried to remove the first layer. Just keep doing this process until you get rid of all of them!
cjnewey

Post by cjnewey »

Version 3.4.4 doesn't have the trash can option, or a remove option. How do I remove a highlight that I put on by mistake?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”