LDS Gospel Library 3 for iphone

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Magua308

LDS Gospel Library 3 for iphone

Post by Magua308 »

I recently downloaded the new Gospel Library App on my phone, and I like it so far, but I cannot figure out how to unmark a verse that I marked. In version 2.5, you would highlight the verse, select mark, then select unmark. Version 3 does not have the unmark option. How do I unmark a verse?
dshep2020

Re: LDS Gospel Library 3 for iphone

Post by dshep2020 »

Just tap the highlighted item (in my case there is an entire verse) and the tap the trash can.
DeleteHighlight.png
(826.84 KiB) Downloaded 5945 times
Clicking on the colored circles lets you change the highlight/underline color or type if you don't want to delete it.

I was surprised that the new Gospel Library app only have a brief introduction of new features and no detailed instructions on how to use them in any detail.
peytonms

Post by peytonms »

I've been having the same problem, and that "Trash the highlight" hasn't been working for me.
adam.s.whiting

Post by adam.s.whiting »

Same problem. Absolutely incredible tool for members to use, but I need to be able to unmark passages of scripture when I make a mistake. Currently on the ipad version the trash can does absolutely nothing.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I will add that it hasn't been super reliable for me. I find that sometimes it works at designed. Sometimes it doesn't. Can't quite figure out what causes the inconsistency. Will post and update if I do find something.
Magua308

Post by Magua308 »

The trash can does nothing for me. I think I'll go back to version 2.5.
mackrory

Post by mackrory »

I have struggled with this for hours. The garbage icon has never worked for me until now. I suspect it requires just the right touch. Keep trying if it does not work for you the first few times, and see the tip below.
One thing I have noticed is that I used to try and highlight the same area to delete it. What seems to work best is to just click on the highlighted area to be removed and DO NOT EXPAND IT. Then hit the garbage icon. It now works for me every time.
mhobbins

Post by mhobbins »

The highlights and notes are not totally synced into V3 on my iPhone or IPad . Can something be done? Gratefully
mhoyle

Post by mhoyle »

The reason the trash can may not seem to work is because the section may have been highlighted multiple times. You have to remove all of the "layers" of highlight. Continue to hit the trash can until all of them are removed. That worked for me.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

Same problem for me on ipad. Trash can does not work to remove highlighted text

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”