How to highlight text in GL 3.0

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
lukismaximus

How to highlight text in GL 3.0

Post by lukismaximus »

I am having trouble just figuring out how to highlight text. When I double tap a passage I can't select it at all. I am not sure if it is because I am using an iPhone or what? Then when I tried to find some kind of help option so I could read about how to select text with gl3.0 I couldn't find that either, at least I found this forum .
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Deleting highlights in GL 3.0 thread because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct which states, "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How to highlight text in GL 3.0

Post by lajackson »

lukismaximus wrote:When I double tap a passage I can't select it at all.
When I had an iTouch, I would tap once and a word would highlight. Then I would expand the highlighted area using the markers at each end of the word.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, you press and hold on a word to start a selection block.
bclawson

Post by bclawson »

You can also press and hold just to the right of the last word in a verse to quickly select the entire verse. Someone else mentioned that in a different thread and it worked for me.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I've had mixed results holding after the last word in a verse. Today I discovered that if I get one word highlighted toward the end of the verse and then simply extend that selection towards the last word in the verse that the whole verse will select.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”