Deleting highlights in GL 3.0

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jkbujnowski

Deleting highlights in GL 3.0

Post by jkbujnowski »

I'm having trouble deleting highlights from scripture passages. Anyone know how to do this in the new version?
gtfullmer

Re: Gospel Library 3.0

Post by gtfullmer »

Yeah, push the trash-bin icon when you select the verse you have previously highlighted. Its the icon furthest to the right.

By the way, many thanks to the Devs! This version brings some much needed features, what a great piece of work this is!
gbruner

Re: Deleting highlights in GL 3.0

Post by gbruner »

The delete feature isn't working for me. I select the verse that I accidentally highlighted, tap the trash can and nothing happens. Must be a bug.
bclawson

Post by bclawson »

I found that just tapping on the existing highlight will bring up the menu with the trash can. Selecting the verse again allows me to overlap highlights but not delete existing ones. Please be aware that deleting the highlight also deletes links, notes, and tags as well.
carolinejeansmith

Post by carolinejeansmith »

I have also found I can not delete or change highlights from those synced over from my previous version. If I had used two colors in one verse it would layer the colors not have separate ones so I now have some pretty strange colors going on. I agree there needs to be a fix for this. Once you highlight you cannot delete it new or old markings. Will be using the older version till they get it fixed. I also prefer my notes listed right under the verse not to the side. Much easier for when I am teaching lessons to have them right where the eye can follow not jumping back and forth.
jdhoffman

Post by jdhoffman »

I was confused by this as well! Thanks bclawson for the tip! Just tapping on an existing highlight the trash button will come up. I had accidentally highlighted some verses multiple times so you may have to "tap" and "trash" multiple times to get the verse to completely un-highlight. Overall, I really like 3.0, especially now that I can remove accidental highlights. Thanks again!
tobtrejo

Post by tobtrejo »

bclawson suggestion works. Thanks very much.
Donamaude

Post by Donamaude »

Thank you jdhoffman! The "tap and trash" advice for highlights was perfect. Pretty frustrated til I found your tip!
jessicafaithnielsen

Post by jessicafaithnielsen »

Tap the highlighted verse, then the trash can icon that pops up. For me I have to tap the trash can about 3 times before the highlight disappears.
jcmillecam

Post by jcmillecam »

I'm unable to delete highlights using the hit trash multiple times. I speculate this is because it does a default highlight every time I go in to remove the highlight. IOW, I mark and unmarked every time I go in. I cannot press the trash can multiple times in succession because the first Tim dismisses the dialog box. Suggestions?

Jim

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”