Gospel Library 3.0

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jackcastle

Re: Gospel Library 3.0

Post by jackcastle »

I've created a lot of tags and other links in 2.5. Will they be retained in 3.0 along with verse marking?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jonathan.ware wrote:
dannykos wrote:Do I assume that all marked verses from 2.5 will not be retained in v3?
I would assume the opposite, actually. Didn't 2.5 sync marked verses to lds.org? I was going to check and see for you but lds.org is having some bug where it switches to spanish and it wouldn't let me switch out when in the notes area.
Yes, all notes will be synced to Gospel Library 3.0 – if they were synced from 2.5 to LDS.org. If you haven't synced to LDS.org, turn on syncing in 2.5 under Settings within the app (the gear icon in the upper-right corner). Then sync back down from LDS.org to 3.0.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

jdlessley wrote:I am speaking as a user of the Android version. But since the iOS version is ahead in features from Android I suspect the help for both is pretty much the same.

There is a Help menu item in the app. There are four help sections: Online Help, Report a Problem, About Gospel Library, and What's New. Start in the What's New section to see what has been changed or improved. The Online Help provides a comprehensive table of contents, glossary, and video tutorials.
Has anyone been able to find a help menu with tutorials for iPad/Gospel Library users?
sjkartchner

Post by sjkartchner »

I agree that the lack of quick scrolling is a significant omission, as is also the inability to change fonts and, even more importantly for me, the inability to choose full justification (even right margins). These omissions alone will ensure my continued use of the prior version so long as it is available (or the current version is fixed).
ldtod

Post by ldtod »

I just downloaded the new Gospel Library 3.0 on my IPad (Version 6.1.3) today. The new layout is nice, but please don't tell me that none of my tags, notes and links that I have set up in version 2.5 aren't going to move across. I've spent a huge amount of time not just in the scriptures, but in the church magazines, handbook etc and will be devastated if these will all be lost in the upgrade. I see that I now have icons for both 2.5 and 3.0 on my Ipad. Everything is still as it should be in 2.5, but I see no instruction set on moving all this information into 3.0.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

My notes on 2.5 were linked to my lds.org account. When I downloaded 3.0 I simply went to sync (through settings) and it pulled all my old stuff back over.
ldtod

Post by ldtod »

Thanks for your response. I didn't know if I should attempt the sync as I was concerned that I might lose everything in the attempt!
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

It was my lovely wife that figured it out. All I did was what she told me to do.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The app went through a lot of beta testing to make sure things like sync work well, so you shouldn't have any problems.
dsterry44

Re: Gospel Library 3.0 Search Feature

Post by dsterry44 »

Search results in GL3 do not bring up a find in the scriptures only conference etc. what happened? or better still what am I missing?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”