Feature requests for Gospel Library.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
dconger

Feature requests for Gospel Library.

Post by dconger »

I really like the Gospel Library app. I use it constantly. I have two feature requests that I hope you find helpful.

First, could you please enable us to load our own text files into the library?

The reason I ask for this is because I have text files for old church books like the Journal of Discourses. I would very much like to integrate them into my library.

Second, could you please think about adding collections of documents to the notebook?

The reason I ask for this is because I use the notebook in an unusual way. I make talks and lessons on subjects that interest me. That way, I'm always prepared to talk on any subject.

The way I do this is I copy a short scripture or quote from a conference talk into a document in the notebook. I use that as my starting point. The title of the document is the title of the talk that I'm creating. I tap on the entry in the document to go to my starting point. I link to each subsequent scripture or quote in a chain-like fashion. In fact, I refer to these as scripture chains. Each chain is a talk or lesson.

I put the text for my talk into the note that you can attach to the highlighted scripture or quote. Ideally, it would be perfect if I could attach multiple notes to a single scripture or quote and have a link attached to the note. This feature would be useful because I often use the same scripture in multiple lessons and talks.

The reason I would like to be able to group documents into collections is to be able to group my lessons and talks separately. I would also like to have a group of documents that are starting points for scriputre commentary that I create. Ultimately, I would like to be able to share this with my children so that each generation of our family can add to what I have started. As the generations go by, I would very much like to be able to pass on our accumulated lessons, talks, and gospel insights.

In any case, thank you for the great work you do. I know it has enriched my life and I am deeply grateful for you and your contributions to this app.

Sincerely,
Dacid Conger

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”