Gospel Library and iPhone 5 - iOS 6

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
normanholm

Gospel Library and iPhone 5 - iOS 6

Post by normanholm »

Does the iOS version 2.4.6 of Gospel Library support iPhone 5 and iOS 6?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

normanholm wrote:Does the iOS version 2.4.6 of Gospel Library support iPhone 5 and iOS 6?
You might find some helpful information in the thread iOS 6 Beta 3 "Not working".
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
glosito

Post by glosito »

I've been running a stable version of Gospel Library on IOS 6 (iphone 5) for some time now. (Thank you to all the devs!)

Just wondering if the developers had any plans on updating the display to take advantage of the larger screen on the iphone 5? I know this isn't a priority, but I did notice all the other LDS IOS apps have been updated to adopt the new screen size. Just wondering if it's the same developers and if they'll be doing the same soon for the Scripture App?
normanholm

Post by normanholm »

I too would like to see Gospel Library for updated for the larger screen on the iPhone 5. I have been forced to use the commercial apps that have already been updated. I prefer the way gospel library operates on iOS over the other scripture apps in the app store. Here is hoping an update comes very soon. :)
glosito

Post by glosito »

I'm thinking the main developers for the IOS version of Gospel Library have either been overwhelmed or are no longer contributing to the project. It doesn't appear that there have been any updates to the code in the past 3 months. I am uncertain if the church has their own set of developers working in this area or not. Perhaps aebrown can offer some insight?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

glosito wrote:Perhaps aebrown can offer some insight?

Sorry, I don't know anything about those projects.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

glosito wrote:I am uncertain if the church has their own set of developers working in this area or not.

My last interface with the iOS developers led me to believe that they are all volunteers. I do not have any idea if they are overwhelmed with anything, or if they are all just off doing family things for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I do know that the latest general conference and Ensign showed up as expected, so someone is doing something.
allenjblodgett

Re: Gospel Library and iPhone 5 - iOS 6

Post by allenjblodgett »

According to the LDS Mobile Applications facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ldsmobile?fref=ts), the next MAJOR release will support the iPhone 5
deansmithiphone5

Post by deansmithiphone5 »

I think main developers for the iphone 5 IOS version of Gospel Library no longer contributing to the project or have either been weighed down. Past 3 months it is true that it doesn't appear that there have been any updates to the code. I am unsure if the minster has their own set of developers working in this area or not. Perhaps aebrown can propose some approaching? :)
jonathan.ware

Post by jonathan.ware »

I hesitate slightly to post this since jailbreaking seems to have such a bad wrap (rap?), but since jailbreaking is in no way illegal (at least at the time of this posting, a mod can remove this post if that changes in the future) I figured I'd post anyway.

With the newly released jailbreak came a tweak called FullForce that will attempt to force apps that aren't optimized for the iPhone five to run full screen. I put that tweak on my iPhone 5 this morning and found that it works perfectly. So if any of you are getting antsy for the next release that'll let you use those precious extra pixels on your phone you can install FullForce in the meantime.

I did not make the tweak and am in no way affiliated with it, just trying to be helpful and informative.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”