iOS 6 Beta 3 "Not working"

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jrjLDS

Post by jrjLDS »

Is any one that works on the GL app for iOS on the Developer Seed program with Apple? Hope so. It would be nice to have a GL that works with iOS 6 at release time.
hughbert

Post by hughbert »

hughbert wrote:The gospel library app crashes after opening. The cover screen shows up for a moment, then it closes out. I'm running iOS 6 beta 3 on iPad 3rd gen. I've tried closing the app, restarting iPad and nothing works.

UPDATE: I've since updated to iOS 6 Beta 4 (for both iPhone 3GS and 3rd Gen iPad); the app opens, and you can navigate to the "Manage Library" options. However, after downloading the content and browsing to where it should be, the content is not there.

Example: I download the Book of Mormon, select "scriptures" from the main page, then select "book of mormon" from the list. The next page is blank—just the lines separating blank space. No table of contents for the Book of Mormon, no chapters, etc.

Hope this gets fixed before the full release of iOS 6.
storminmormon

Post by storminmormon »

Updated to the new beta, beta 4.

I noticed the app allows content to be downloaded but the content will not show past the title of the book.
chako

Same goes for me...

Post by chako »

Beta 4 of IOS6 launches but no downloaded content is available.
jbond

Post by jbond »

Installed updated Gospel Library App today, running iOS 6 beta 4, at first attempt the app was still not working properly, meaning downloaded new scripture content and would not display text of anything. Deleted the app, reinstalled, downloaded scriptures, app displays text like normal. Account Settings: added my login credentials, tapped 'sync now' it tries to do something but my over 350 notes/etc are not displayed in the notebook section of the app. Notebook showing zero on all except the document count is 1 (?) but nothing is actually there.

Closer.. but not quite back to pre iOS6 functionality. :0/
JordanHarris

Post by JordanHarris »

Running iOS6 Beta 4 as well. Installed the update, and didn't see any changes. I deleted all the content (not the app), and redownloaded and it's displaying properly. I am also seeing all notes and marks synced.
WilsonR

Post by WilsonR »

haws24 wrote:I just updated to iOS 6 beta 4 and Gospel Library no longer crashes at the splash screen. Update and get back to normal!

Edit: The app loads, but I don't get content in the app. Manuals and scripture content are not there. I tried to re-download but no good. Hmm hopefully they update the app soon.

Same here. I have an iPhone 4S; updated to iOS 6; and now scriptures are blank.
lemasters

iPhone 5

Post by lemasters »

When will the Gospel Library be compatible with the iPhone 5, and fill the whole screen?
millergr

iOS 6 and iPhone 5

Post by millergr »

I hope they come out with the build or beta soon with full screen for gospel library like lds tools.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”