How to download Gospel Library in Spanish

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: How to download Gospel Library in Spanish

Post by sbradshaw »

john.david.cutler wrote:I have an Android phone and I just downloaded LDS library 4.3.0.15 (the latest version available). I see the language options and there are about 20 languages other than English. Many of these languages serve a small group of people. I did not see Spanish, Portuguese, German, Japanese, Mandarin or similar commonly used languages. Why would these language options not be there? Without these options I could get any of the tips or suggestions in this thread to work. I cannot download the Spanish language scriptures to work on my Android phone. Please advise.
It sounds like you might be looking at your Android language settings, not the Gospel Library content languages. Open Gospel Library, then tap the overflow menu (three dots) on the top right corner of the screen. You should see a "Languages" option in the menu, and there should be many more languages listed.

Some of the previous instructions in this thread apply to Gospel Library 2 for iOS, so they probably won't get you very far on Gospel Library 4 for Android. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm running 4.3.0.14. I don't see an update in the PlayStore. I see all the languages you're missing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tendota24

Post by tendota24 »

Is it possible to have the gospel library app in Spanish and English at the same time? I like to study some things in Spanish while using other books in English.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

tendota24 wrote:Is it possible to have the gospel library app in Spanish and English at the same time? I like to study some things in Spanish while using other books in English.
There are two ways you can do this in Gospel Library for iOS:

1) Create a new screen using the screens panel in Gospel Library (second button from the right at the bottom of the screen). You can have one screen in English and one screen in Spanish.

2) Create a custom collection and add books in English and Spanish that you use often. This is done by pressing the Edit button on the main library screen (top right), then tapping the floating "+" button to create the custom collection. Then, browse to any books you want to add to the collection, long press them, and choose "Add to."

It's not currently possible in iOS to have two windows or screens of the same app side-by-side in split view – that would allow you to have Spanish and English up simultaneously – but I'm crossing my fingers for iOS 12. :) For now, you can only have one language on the screen at a time, but using (1) or (2) you can switch between them quickly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

sbradshaw wrote:
tendota24 wrote:Is it possible to have the gospel library app in Spanish and English at the same time? I like to study some things in Spanish while using other books in English.
There are two ways you can do this in Gospel Library for iOS:

1) Create a new screen using the screens panel in Gospel Library (second button from the right at the bottom of the screen). You can have one screen in English and one screen in Spanish.

2) Create a custom collection and add books in English and Spanish that you use often. This is done by pressing the Edit button on the main library screen (top right), then tapping the floating "+" button to create the custom collection. Then, browse to any books you want to add to the collection, long press them, and choose "Add to."

It's not currently possible in iOS to have two windows or screens of the same app side-by-side in split view – that would allow you to have Spanish and English up simultaneously – but I'm crossing my fingers for iOS 12. :) For now, you can only have one language on the screen at a time, but using (1) or (2) you can switch between them quickly.
Thank you very much! Your instructions were very helpful! I set up two collections, one for English and one for a second language.
methpalniridu

Post by methpalniridu »

As someone has already mentioned above, you can use an android emulator like ARC Welder App of Nox Player to get the work done
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

Things have become much simpler since my last post. Now, all you have to do to open a Gospel Library screen in a different language is to open a new screen as usual and then go to settings (gear icon) > Language. Couldn’t be easier. My complements to the developers.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”