I need 2012 Sunday School lesson manuals for my iPad2.

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
anjmdad

I need 2012 Sunday School lesson manuals for my iPad2.

Post by anjmdad »

I downloaded the Gospel Library on my iPad2 last year and it worked great with last year's Sunday School manuals. My Gospel Library never updated after January 1st to include the 2012 Sunday School and Priesthood Manuals, but it says it is up-to-date. Do I need to remove last year's version and re-load it from scratch to get the 2012 version, or what is the problem with updating?
rpdyer

Updating for 2012 content

Post by rpdyer »

I have lds gospel library on my Windows Phone 7, but there is no 2012 content there. How can I see the 2012 Ensign content? 2012 is not one of the years listed for the Ensign. Has lds gospel library not yet been updated to include 2012 content?
hongziyang

need out of primary

Post by hongziyang »

ok, at the rist of sounding dumb, what is the priesthood manual this year? (really need to get out of primary, LOL).

FWIW, I do see the option to download 2012 Ensign and such - even the Feb issue from the 'Manage Library' button. Just remember new content doesn't automatically download, you need to grab it manually (sorry if you knew that already).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Hongziyang wrote:what is the priesthood manual this year?
Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
colingardner

Post by colingardner »

I downloaded th 2012 Sunday School Manuals Yesterday 8 Feb 2012....You can too.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

anjmdad wrote:I downloaded the Gospel Library on my iPad2 last year and it worked great with last year's Sunday School manuals. My Gospel Library never updated after January 1st to include the 2012 Sunday School and Priesthood Manuals, but it says it is up-to-date. Do I need to remove last year's version and re-load it from scratch to get the 2012 version, or what is the problem with updating?
The problem is that there are no "2012" lesson manuals just as there were no "2011" lesson manuals. Instead there are/were lesson manuals that were "designated for use" in 2011, 2012, 2013, etc.

What you need to do is download the lesson manuals that that your classes have been asked to use for 2012. For Sunday School that means adding "The Book of Mormon" lesson manual and/or study guide.

To do this from the iOS Gospel Library app, tap the home icon, tap Manage Library, tap Manuals, tap Sunday School, and then tap either Book of Mormon: Teachers Manual, or Book of Mormon: Study Guide, or both.

For Priesthood and Relief Society, it means adding "Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith."

To do this from the iOS Gospel Library app, tap the home icon, tap Manage Library, tap Manuals, tap Teachings of the Presidents, and then tap Teachings of the Presidents: George Albert Smith.

You will also have to repeat this for "2013" and any following years. This is not a flaw; it is by design and predates the lesson manuals being available on the Internet or mobile apps.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”