Video in gospel library

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
scottsintay

Video in gospel library

Post by scottsintay »

When I go to 'manage library' multiple videos are available for download. However, even after I download them, they do not play...why? Do indeed to download a different app?
Naf623

Post by Naf623 »

I have exactly the same issue. Although I find that many videos do work, just not all of them.
jsedmonds

Some Video in Gospel Library will not play after download

Post by jsedmonds »

I hope someone picks up the thread or redirects to another covering this issue. I suspect a video compression or format issue. Here is my observation thus far:

1. On iPad (1) iOS 5.0.1 the videos under "Feature Films", Johnny Lingo does NOT play (a symbol of the play icon with a line through it is displayed).
2. On iPod Touch 4 iOS 5.0.1 the same video, Johnny Lingo, DOES play. I assume they have different files on the server to support the different display size.
3. On iPad AND iPod Touch as above, under "Leadership Training Library" -> "Introduction" the first 2 videos show unplayable and the last 2 work fine.

So there is an obvious issue. I'm guessing video file issue and not application. I've tried deleting and downloaded these files multiple times and no change in which ones work and which ones don't.

I'll be testing the remaining videos and compile a list of which ones work. If anyone else can do the same that will confirm or exclude my theory. And then maybe we can get the attention of the person/persons who can help fix this (Which I'm sure if I look around this site I'd find...).
Naf623

Post by Naf623 »

I will try and compile (or make a start at least) or working/non working also.
I we both post the list here, we can see if it is the same ones on both devices.
I will try for both iPhone and iPad.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

I am having a similar issue. I downloaded a video from the Leadership Training Library ("Elders Quorum President: A Humble Servant"), but I can't play it. The size on the download screen is 39 MB, but after I downloaded it, the size was 15 B. See attached images.
Attachments
downloadedvideos.jpg
(54.76 KiB) Downloaded 772 times
noplay.jpg
(28.96 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
mhackwell

Post by mhackwell »

Ditto that on having many of the files not play and the size only showing up as 15 B.
jeffvand

Post by jeffvand »

I am having the same issue. But with all my items being small. iOS 6 is installed. No content seems to be downloading.
jordanchristensen

Re: Video in gospel library

Post by jordanchristensen »

This problem continues.... Any way to fix it on an individual basis, or is someone aware of the problem and fixing it on a global basis?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”