Crashes on startup

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
rick_burgon

Re: Crashes on startup

Post by rick_burgon »

The new gospel library app won't open on my iPhone 5s and keeps crashing. I've deleted it and re-downloaded it multiple times but still doesn't work. Any help or suggestions?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 4.0.1 is now available, which should fix the crash on startup.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
grahamf72

Post by grahamf72 »

Glad to report the latest update that went on the App Store yesterday is working on both iPhone and iPad.
Now if they can get LDS Music working again I'll be a happy camper.
sjoansmith

Post by sjoansmith »

My ipad2 9.3.2 does not show the lds music but the gospel library update seems fine. I live in Holladay if you want to plug in to my device to see if you can find the solution. I might just buy a new iPad. Love all you do to make gospel study so convenient. Thanks.
thepurest

Post by thepurest »

I've read through all these replies and I'm having the same issue with it crashing at startup. I do have the latest update with both the app and also the IOS system. I'd hate to delete and reinstall as I'll loose all my notes , highlights, bookmarks, links etc. I'm pretty sure my app is not synced as I wasn't aware that was an option. Is there anything I can do?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

thepurest wrote:I've read through all these replies and I'm having the same issue with it crashing at startup. I do have the latest update with both the app and also the IOS system. I'd hate to delete and reinstall as I'll loose all my notes , highlights, bookmarks, links etc. I'm pretty sure my app is not synced as I wasn't aware that was an option. Is there anything I can do?
You can see if your annotations have been syncing by going to LDS.org > My Account and Ward > Notes and looking for recent notes, highlights, bookmarks, etc.
kahill

Post by kahill »

I have an iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5 and had crashing issues with lds Music. I open the app and get the green splash screen with the musical note for a few seconds, and then it crashes without truly opening. My iOS is current, or at least as current as it can be. Any idea when this issue will finally be resolved?
James_Fowler

Post by James_Fowler »

I’m now having this same problem on my iPhone 5s: the app load screen comes up for a while only to crash, every time. I’ve tried everything: rebooted the phone several times, offloaded the app and then reinstalled it, all to no avail.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If your app never gets past the splash screen, here are some things you can try:
1) Restart your device. This may help free up some memory, for a faster launch.
2) Close all of your open programs by swiping them out of recent apps. This could also help free up some memory.
3) Check how much storage space you have remaining on the device. If the device is low on memory, it may be failing to download a content update.
SNDenning

Post by SNDenning »

Agreed with most of the above - IPhone 5C, had open tabs with D&C, BoM, and my notes (more specifically the things I tagged while on my mission), and a 2013 Conference talk. Deleted and re-downloaded app repeatedly, rebooted phone with and without ITunes. Still keeps crashing at Angel Moroni, but my music app runs fine. Checked my data - more than half my memory on my phone is left. It keeps crashing even if its the only thing open. Haven't tried using my mission IPad yet, but hoping it doesn't crash. Making do with online site, but hoping for resolution soon.
Sorry if this is long, but in my experience the more details I give with tech issues, the faster things are figured out and resolved. Any further suggestions?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”