Syncing Problems with LDS Gospel Library with iOS update

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
kendallhardy

Re: Syncing Problems with LDS Gospel Library with iOS update

Post by kendallhardy »

Similar problem here except mine is on a newly purchased phone. My notes won't sync except for 3 under my recents for some reason. It may be helpful to know that I tried creating a notebook in the app and then went to my computer and checked online and the notebook did show up there so my syncing issue is with downloading to my device mostly, uploading seems fine.
kendallhardy

Post by kendallhardy »

Just did as kimbertree did, deleted the app and reinstalled it. Worked! So something in the process of installing the app from a backup onto my new phone messed up the syncing for some reason.
htackett

Post by htackett »

I had a similar problem when I was using my iPad and the Gospel Library app on Windows at the same time. Some changes I made on Windows app were not syncing. I looked at the comments contained on this site so I decided to log out of all Gospel Library apps (explorer, iPad & Windows app). I then logged back in only to find the changes I made on the Windows app were gone. I believe the problem is that I went back and forth between the two apps and I made a change on my iPad before my Windows app synced with my iPad. My iPad then synced with my main account and basically wrote over any changes I made on my Windows app.

Make sure if you are not seeing any of your annotations on a particular app, DON'T add make any new annotations to this new app (the one that is not showing any changes) or it may sync up and remove all previous changes. Not sure, this is how it works, but it appears to work that way for what I'm doing.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

htackett wrote:I had a similar problem when I was using my iPad and the Gospel Library app on Windows at the same time. Some changes I made on Windows app were not syncing. I looked at the comments contained on this site so I decided to log out of all Gospel Library apps (explorer, iPad & Windows app). I then logged back in only to find the changes I made on the Windows app were gone. I believe the problem is that I went back and forth between the two apps and I made a change on my iPad before my Windows app synced with my iPad. My iPad then synced with my main account and basically wrote over any changes I made on my Windows app.

Make sure if you are not seeing any of your annotations on a particular app, DON'T add make any new annotations to this new app (the one that is not showing any changes) or it may sync up and remove all previous changes. Not sure, this is how it works, but it appears to work that way for what I'm doing.
It's possible for changes to a specific annotation to get overwritten – for example, if I'm editing the same note on two devices and sync at different times – but new, independent annotations shouldn't cause anything to get overwritten.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lnchaston

Post by lnchaston »

I was using the Gospel Library app this morning, and went to link a scripture to my study notes. When I went back to the screens list to open my study notes, the entire screen was gone. I have gone through all my open screens to see if I just jumped out of it and "lost" it in the path, but I can't find my study notes screen anywhere. Is there a way to retrieve that screen? Is there a place where those study notes have been saved? Can I access them from my PC so I can save them in a more secure place? I'm just sick -- talks, thoughts, journal entries, all were in there and I'm so anxious to retrieve them. Can you help me?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lnchaston wrote:I was using the Gospel Library app this morning, and went to link a scripture to my study notes. When I went back to the screens list to open my study notes, the entire screen was gone. I have gone through all my open screens to see if I just jumped out of it and "lost" it in the path, but I can't find my study notes screen anywhere. Is there a way to retrieve that screen? Is there a place where those study notes have been saved? Can I access them from my PC so I can save them in a more secure place? I'm just sick -- talks, thoughts, journal entries, all were in there and I'm so anxious to retrieve them. Can you help me?
You should be able to access your notes from any screen in Gospel Library, or create a new screen and navigate to the Notes section from there.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”