Adding a journal to my iPad

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
brhardcastle

Adding a journal to my iPad

Post by brhardcastle »

I have used the journal feature on my android phone, but when I go to my iPad, I don't see a journal in the "Notes" section. Any idea on how I can get my journal synced up on all of my mobile devices? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding a journal to my iPad

Post by russellhltn »

There's two parts to this: The android phone has to sync/upload the journal to lds.org, and then the iPad has to sync/download it.

Is the journal entry making it to lds.org?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

To add to what russellhltn is asking – to sync to and from LDS.org, you need to be logged in with your LDS Account.

Are you logged in with your LDS Account in Gospel Library on both your Android phone and your iPad?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
PamelaBonta

Post by PamelaBonta »

Are you looking in the right place?

There are some slight differences between journal entries in the app versus journal entries on LDS.org. On LDS.org, you can add tags to your journal entries. A journal entry that has a tag will also appear in the Tags section on LDS.org.

However, the Gospel Library app does not yet allow tags with journal entries, so you cannot add a tag to a journal entry. Additionally, journal entries that you tagged on LDS.org do not appear in the Tags section of the app.

In the Gospel Library iOS app, journal entries are called "notes." You can create notes only inside Documents. Any Document notes you create on an iOS device will sync as journal entries on LDS.org or as journal entries on an Android device.
trwilkerst

Post by trwilkerst »

It seems that the Journal is gone in the latest android update of gospel library. Do I need to create a new notebook and assign or tag all my journal entries so they go to that nee notebook?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

See this thread for information about restoring your Journal: Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”