Gospel Library 2.5 missing in App Store

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library 2.5 missing in App Store

Post by russellhltn »

From what I've heard in other area, Apple does not allow new versions or updates to older versions unless it calls for iOS6. The iPad 1 can't run iOS6. It's possible that there's been a change that renders GL 2.5 unable to work in the near future. (Notice the complaints from Win8 users that they can't get new content.) And since it can't be updated ......

iOS is currently at 7, and iPad 1 is stuck at 5. That's Apple's fault, not the church's.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you've already downloaded Gospel Library 2.5 (which most members who have older devices have) it will still function fine. Also, you can always access the scriptures on LDS.org. I'm still waiting for a native Mac app for the scriptures, but Mac isn't supported currently, just like old versions of iOS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm still waiting for a native Mac app for the scriptures,
I have a feeling that you're going to be waiting a long time. There wasn't a Windows app until Windows tablets came out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wxrwxr

Post by wxrwxr »

There are several Apps that I have downloaded to my IPAD 1 where I get the message that the App will not run on IOS 5, but there has always been an option to install an older version. It seems the church could also provide this for the Gospel Library.

Also Gospel Library 2.5 was available in the App store for some time after the new Gospel Library became available. So why was 2.5 removed suddenly without any warning?
lwainmyers

Post by lwainmyers »

I just bought a 1st generation IPad and downloaded the 2.5 version of the gospel library. I went into the app store an clicked on purchased, all my previous purchases were there including the old 2.5 version of the gospel library. 2.5 is no longer available in the app store. So I'm super excited!
royjohnson

Post by royjohnson »

Is there perhaps a 3rd party that has 2.5 available for download.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you join the "Gospel Library for iOS" project on LDSTech, you can access old beta versions of Gospel Library 2.5. Here is the project page:
https://tech.lds.org/projects?view=project&Projectid=15
Here's the most recent beta:
http://tech.lds.org/dl/ios/org.lds.gosp ... elease-623
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

Unlike others, I have not previously downloaded the Gospel Library; I have an iPod 3rd Generation (iOS 5.1), and would very much like to have the Gospel Library 2.5 on my device. Following the directions below, I joined the Gospel Library for iOS project as an "observer," but when I try the link below, I get "You do not have permission to view this page." I also joined the "Gospel Library" project, with the same results. Perhaps I should contact the project leaders?
sbradshaw wrote:If you join the "Gospel Library for iOS" project on LDSTech, you can access old beta versions of Gospel Library 2.5. Here is the project page:
https://tech.lds.org/projects?view=project&Projectid=15
Here's the most recent beta:
http://tech.lds.org/dl/ios/org.lds.gosp ... elease-623
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jcarroll wrote:I joined the Gospel Library for iOS project as an "observer," but when I try the link ... I get "You do not have permission to view this page." I also joined the "Gospel Library" project, with the same results. Perhaps I should contact the project leaders?
That'd be my best suggestion...
thesmith7

Post by thesmith7 »

I got the same message as sbradshaw....does anyone know how to make this work?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”