Gospel Library in Amazon App Store

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mattspurgeon

Fire

Post by mattspurgeon »

dchris17 wrote:Todd's suggestion worked great for me. The only thing I would add is just go to tech.lds.org/wiki on your Fire, then search for "LDS Tools Android" and "Gospel Library Android". On each wiki page, if you scroll down you will see a link for downloading the APK. After you download it, ylour fire will prompt you to install it.

Great and Thank you... I have been planning on buying the fire, but wanted to make sure the LDS Apps worked on it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dchris17 wrote:The only thing I would add is just go to tech.lds.org/wiki on your Fire, then search for "LDS Tools Android" and "Gospel Library Android". On each wiki page, if you scroll down you will see a link for downloading the APK. After you download it, your fire will prompt you to install it.

How do you start the app? From the reviews I've read, side-loaded apps don't appear in the apps bookshelf.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
paula24

Post by paula24 »

Thank you for the suggestion. I did get it to load on my Fire. And it all appears to be working.
RussellHltn wrote:How do you start the app? From the reviews I've read, side-loaded apps don't appear in the apps bookshelf.

It appears on my bookshelf just fine.
blmeadows63

Very helpful information

Post by blmeadows63 »

dchris17 wrote:Todd's suggestion worked great for me. The only thing I would add is just go to tech.lds.org/wiki on your Fire, then search for "LDS Tools Android" and "Gospel Library Android". On each wiki page, if you scroll down you will see a link for downloading the APK. After you download it, your fire will prompt you to install it.
Thankyou! I found the above 2 suggestions very helpful indeed. Both apps installed quickly with no problems. I did not have to go through the Amazon store and pay 15.00 plus for scriptures that the church gives for free, so I really appreciate the help.
pda4you

Thank you all!

Post by pda4you »

This worked perfectly for me! Thanks for helping me too. I now have LDS tools and Gospel Library all loaded on my fire. Quick and simple!

Mike
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Bypassed the Amazon App Store
Used the process listed below in a post and it worked great, you just have to remember to select the ".APK" file, the apps do show in the Kindle Fire "App" screen and I was able to add them to "Favorites"

Apps downloaded, installed, and tested successfully:
..Gospel Library
..LDS Tools
..TeamViewer Mobile App, TeamViewer 7.0.238 (Pro) Lic: free

Note: Kindle Fire install setting, tap the top right part of the screen, then Click "More...", then "Device", scroll to "Allow Installation of Application" change setting from "Off" to "On", accept the message. After the install, you may want to change "Allow Installation of Application" back to "Off"

Test Kindle Fire's 'Silk' Browser which uses Amazon’s EC2 cloud computing cluster
lds.org/Tools
..Calendar - works
..Directory - works
..Maps - works (make sure "Load images" setting is enabled)
speedtest.lds.org - worked somewhat
..(only speed test worked because "Java not Detected" and you must turn off "Accelerate page loading")
speedtest.net - worked (you must turn off "Accelerate page loading")
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
skeezix

Post by skeezix »

Thank you all for the work around to installing the Gospel Library and LDS Tools to the Kindle Fire, just wondering how the process is going to get the app out on the Amazon App Store is going? Any updates?
dmcewen

Post by dmcewen »

skeezix wrote:Thank you all for the work around to installing the Gospel Library and LDS Tools to the Kindle Fire, just wondering how the process is going to get the app out on the Amazon App Store is going? Any updates?

LDS Gospel Library (version 2.1.0.16) is currently in the Amazon App Store.
dwagstaff1

Amazon App Store had it Dec 13, 2011

Post by dwagstaff1 »

The title is LDS Gospel Library and it's free.
DrJ1234

Post by DrJ1234 »

dwagstaff1 wrote:The title is LDS Gospel Library and it's free.

I just got a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and first thing I did was search for Gospel Library in the Appstore. Pleasantly surprised to find it. Wondering when other Android apps will show up there. In the meantime, I'll sideload them (or root and install the Market).

Return to “Android Gospel Library”