gospel library App.

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
hobbit1a
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:51 am

gospel library App.

Postby hobbit1a » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 am

gospel library will download but not open up on the pandigital novel why is it not opening up? this is gl 2.0.2.2 requiring android 1.5 and up

ronaldf
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Oakhurst, CA, USA

Postby ronaldf » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:13 pm

hobbit1a wrote:gospel library will download but not open up on the pandigital novel why is it not opening up? this is gl 2.0.2.2 requiring android 1.5 and up


At present there seems to be an incapatability issue with the Pandigital Novel. I had the same problem with GL 2.0.2.2. Beta of GL 2.1 is now being tested. It does load and opens books but crashes when scrolling on the Novel. See my discription below. I resorted to buying LDS scriptures with the classic extras from the Kindle Market on the Novel and using FBreader from SlideMe to read conference talks in epub format from LDS.org.

I installed the 2.1 version from the internet site. When I open a document and scroll, I get an error when I remove my finger from the screen. It states “Sorry – The application (name of app) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.”. The app then goes back to the index of the app. This also occurs with Reveal Reader when I open an YBK file. It does not happen on the Amazon Kindle reading their LDS Scriptures or on FB Reader reading epub format files. I’m suspecting that it is an incompatibility with the Pandigital Novel. I am tempted to root it. Pandigital has an update but it is older than the current version of android and has Barnes and Noble instead of Amazon Kindle. That means I’ll loose my LDS Scriptures that I purchased.

My configuration:
Pandigital Novel (white) Android 2.0
Firmware – SKI20_20110331_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
Kernel – 2.6.29 (victor@victor-ThinkPad-R400 Wed Mar 23 06:35:09 EDT 2011)
Build number – PD-Novel 2011.03.31
Device ID 7013000511710445

mcbreeden
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Pandigital Novel 9"

Postby mcbreeden » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 am

I'm copying from another post my comments. I hope the bump will help someone notice this issue. You can download 1.2 at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Android Because of the 2.0 issues I wish they'd include updated content to 1.2

I bought this pandigital novel as well and found that I can not get the gospel library 2.0 to work. I can get 1.2 to work without issue. I did read the tech troubleshooting section on deleting the file on the sd card but it did not make a difference. 1.2 doesn't have updated conferences on it and magazines, or this years publications, is the only real problem. I am using "Reveal" for the moment, but it isn't as elegant as gospel library 2.0. It starts up with the header gospel library only and flashes a blank screen then closes.

ronaldf
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Oakhurst, CA, USA

Postby ronaldf » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:49 pm

mcbreeden wrote:I'm copying from another post my comments. I hope the bump will help someone notice this issue. You can download 1.2 at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Android Because of the 2.0 issues I wish they'd include updated content to 1.2

I bought this pandigital novel as well and found that I can not get the gospel library 2.0 to work. I can get 1.2 to work without issue. I did read the tech troubleshooting section on deleting the file on the sd card but it did not make a difference. 1.2 doesn't have updated conferences on it and magazines, or this years publications, is the only real problem. I am using "Reveal" for the moment, but it isn't as elegant as gospel library 2.0. It starts up with the header gospel library only and flashes a blank screen then closes.


I updated my Novel 7" white to the Gapps 2.1 firmware on slatedroid. I was then able to load the LDS Gospel Library and Reveal Reader. No more shut down when scrolling. I had spent many hours converting the Gospelink 2001 books to YBK format with YanCElink. It took close to an hour for Reveal Reader to refresh the library after copying them to the Novel but I now have over 1500 books in Reveal Reader. The Novel is not as fast or responsive as my Herotab C8 but it is very acceptable. I'm so happy!!!!! The Pandigitals will need different firmware to run Gospel Library. Check slatedroid.com for new firmware.

jasonhyer
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Roy, UT

Postby jasonhyer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 am

The 1.2 version will not be updated. We will however be releasing a new update any day now that may resolve your issues.
Jason Hyer

ronaldf
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Oakhurst, CA, USA

Postby ronaldf » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:07 pm

ronaldf wrote:I updated my Novel 7" white to the Gapps 2.1 firmware on slatedroid. I was then able to load the LDS Gospel Library and Reveal Reader. No more shut down when scrolling. I had spent many hours converting the Gospelink 2001 books to YBK format with YanCElink. It took close to an hour for Reveal Reader to refresh the library after copying them to the Novel but I now have over 1500 books in Reveal Reader. The Novel is not as fast or responsive as my Herotab C8 but it is very acceptable. I'm so happy!!!!! The Pandigitals will need different firmware to run Gospel Library. Check slatedroid.com for new firmware.


UPDATE
Our grand daughter got a B&N 7" Pandigital Novel White for Christmas. I updated it to the latest firmware from Pandigital. LDS Library and Reveal Reader both installed. LDS library did not open because there was no content. I copied my content from my Novel and to her's. Every thing work now. The LDS Library that I loaded was not from the markets. It was from the ds-gl_android-project@googlegroups.com. It was the "Final" version.

BrumfieldAD
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:33 pm
Location: Riverton, UT, USA

Postby BrumfieldAD » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 am

This wiki page should always have the most recent links to all of our Android apps for devices that don't have access to the Google Market.
----
Asiel Brumfield
Mobile Team Test Lead


Return to “Android Gospel Library”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest