Scroll With Physical Buttons

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
collin.winget

Re: Scroll With Physical Buttons

Post by collin.winget »

I too am using the Gospel Library app on my Nook Simpletouch and would love some hardware scrolling.. Is there any sort of update on this?
collin.winget

Re: Scroll With Physical Buttons

Post by collin.winget »

I guess to answer my own question, I did find an improvement request in JIRA - https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/MSA-302 - that aims to add scrolling by volume buttons or soft buttons on the screen.

I do notice one problem though, I can't seem to get the newest version of the app on my Nook; it will only allow me to install 2.2.3.1 through the market. I downloaded an APK of the newer version, and when I try to launch/install it, it says "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package". I read that this could be caused by having the app already installed to my device, but I tried uninstalling it and get the same result. This could end up being a bottleneck, as if they include this feature in the newest version, but I'm unable to install that newest version, that could be a problem. Hmm.

Anyway, I noticed that on my own nook, the hardware buttons with default configuration work to scroll on menus, (as others have reported by changing them to be DPAD up and down) but doesn't work to scroll within the actual content. I'll leave a comment on that project and perhaps someone will take notice to it, and that might get this feature moved up the list more quickly. Maybe.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”