Book of Mormon Index

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
samliddicott

Book of Mormon Index

Post by samliddicott »

Where do I find the Book of Mormon Index?

I don't find it in the Book of Mormon or the Study Helps.

Sam
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure as I understand what you are looking for - isn't that taken care of by the search function?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

samliddicott wrote:Where do I find the Book of Mormon Index?

Do you mean the Index to the Triple Combination (which on lds.org is under Study Helps at http://lds.org/scriptures/triple-index?lang=eng)?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
samliddicott

Post by samliddicott »

aebrown wrote:Do you mean the Index to the Triple Combination (which on lds.org is under Study Helps at http://lds.org/scriptures/triple-index?lang=eng)?

I did mean the index to the triple combination, yes. It seems to be missing from the Android Gospel Library.

I don't know if it is taken care of by the search function, but the topical guide is still present and browsable.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

samliddicott wrote:I don't know if it is taken care of by the search function, but the topical guide is still present and browsable.

Maybe I'm missing something about the function of the Index, but since search will find every instance of a word, and you can select what books to search, it would seem to me that it's not needed as a separate "item" within the GL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
samliddicott

Post by samliddicott »

RussellHltn wrote:Maybe I'm missing something about the function of the Index, but since search will find every instance of a word, and you can select what books to search, it would seem to me that it's not needed as a separate "item" within the GL.

Well... search isn't the index. It's something else. I don't see search replacing the topical guide, in fact I can search on the topical guide. Why can't I search on the index?

I can't use search instead of index during a class.

The index does exist on scriptures.lds.org

I can't see search replacing this sort of listing which is more than just hits of a word:
So while it may seem fair to say "you can use something else to get by sometimes" the question still remains: where is the index?

About 9 years ago I made my own mobi-pocket scripitures and that had the index (and bible maps, topical guide etc in less than 13MB).

Return to “Android Gospel Library”