Android 3.0 development?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jlpage3

Post by jlpage3 »

Working for me on my Nook Color running Honeycomb.
DaveTeasdale

Post by DaveTeasdale »

Oh yes, just in time for conference, it works, thank you for all your hard work on this, its great.
timschreiber

Empty Pages

Post by timschreiber »

I know the post said to log issues in JIRA, but I don't have permissions. So i'm posing it here. Many of the pages come up with only the title showing. For instance, if I tap through to Old Testament > Genesis, the page just shows "Genesis" and nothing else.

I have a Motorola Xoom WiFi-Only.

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

Thanks for the info Tim. This was a problem with recent changes we made to the content the last build I posted was using. To file issues in Jira make sure you have signed the contributor agreement and also signed up for the Gospel Library Android project. If you are still not able to access Jira please let me know.

Here is a new build that should be one of the last beta builds before final release. The same caveats apply as stated in my previous posts.

Please report any problems you find in Jira.
kjpearce

Jira access; Content access

Post by kjpearce »

Jira Access:
As far as I can tell, I have signed the Contributed Agreement and signed up for Gospel Library Android Project. However, whenever I attempt to select a link to Jira I get an error dialog box to the effect:
Permission Violation

It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.
If you think this message is wrong, please consult your administrators about getting the necessary permissions.

Content Access:
Last night something seemed to have changed about accessing content. The Manage Library screen came up and a dialog box opened about updating the Content Inventory[font=&quot]. After that, I was a little bit surprised that some of the content which was available for download earlier (even earlier this week) seems to be no longer available, e.g., Children’s Songbook, Book of Mormon Gospel Doctrine Teacher’s Manual, Preach My Gospel, and all of the Teachings of the Presidents of the Church.[/font]
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

timschreiber wrote:I know the post said to log issues in JIRA, but I don't have permissions. So i'm posing it here. Many of the pages come up with only the title showing. For instance, if I tap through to Old Testament > Genesis, the page just shows "Genesis" and nothing else.

I have a Motorola Xoom WiFi-Only.

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

This is a known issue with the current production version. The beta versions should display content on the Xoom. Please verify the version you are using by going to Menu / About. If you are using 1.2 it is a known issue.
Jason Hyer
thmcdonald1

Post by thmcdonald1 »

This beta for HC is great! Thanks guys.

One request i would like to submit, though...it would be great to have the standard works as they appear in print when the honeycomb tablet is in landscape mode. I realize it is sort of a ridiculous request, but it would be great to have two columns per "page," as well as function a Footnotes.

Is this currently being considered?

Also, as this is first post on these boards, I would like to say that it is great to see the Church actively engaged in new technology. Tablet technology has so much to offer, especially for the spreading of the gospel, so good work guys, and good luck on whatever does next!
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

thmcdonald1 wrote:This beta for HC is great! Thanks guys.

One request i would like to submit, though...it would be great to have the standard works as they appear in print when the honeycomb tablet is in landscape mode. I realize it is sort of a ridiculous request, but it would be great to have two columns per "page," as well as function a Footnotes.

Is this currently being considered?

This is not on our current roadmap for development. I will submit it for consideration to our development team as it might be possible with more space on a tablet.
Jason Hyer
timschreiber

Post by timschreiber »

jasonhyer wrote:This is a known issue with the current production version. The beta versions should display content on the Xoom. Please verify the version you are using by going to Menu / About. If you are using 1.2 it is a known issue.

It was whichever version was posted on page 5 of this thread. I have since uninstalled Gospel Library pending a more stable build.
timschreiber

Post by timschreiber »

BrumfieldAD wrote:Thanks for the info Tim. This was a problem with recent changes we made to the content the last build I posted was using. To file issues in Jira make sure you have signed the contributor agreement and also signed up for the Gospel Library Android project. If you are still not able to access Jira please let me know.

Here is a new build that should be one of the last beta builds before final release. The same caveats apply as stated in my previous posts.

Please report any problems you find in Jira.

I signed the contributor agreement and have joined the project as an observer, but I still can't log into JIRA without a permissions violation.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”