Gospel Library in Other Languages

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

We have identified a bug that is causing some users to not see all available languages. We are working on a fix and hope to have it released in the near future.
Jason Hyer
edneyfer

Post by edneyfer »

I had the same problem and decided to install version 2.0.
After the reboot it worked normally with the language options (Portuguese Br)
leonardodomingues

Post by leonardodomingues »

I had installed gospel library in a tablet accer droid 3.1. and when I click on the bar to change language to portuguese, it is not avaiable, only english. Is there any version that works portuguese language? Is there any idea when this bug will be fixed?
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

@leonardodomingues If you refresh the content by pressing menu -> more -> refresh content you should see Portuguese as one of the available languages. This is a bug that will be fixed in our next hot fix release coming out soon.
alxmonk

works now

Post by alxmonk »

i tried yesterday, and the different language options now appear. I didn't have to re-install.
rodolfo43

Scriptures in Spanish

Post by rodolfo43 »

I just downloaded the scriptures to my droid phone, but i thought it would ask me for the language selection, but it did not. i am trying to have the scriptures and other books and hyms in Spanish. Does any one knows how to do this?
rodolfo43

Post by rodolfo43 »

Where did you see the different language options?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rodolfo43 wrote:I just downloaded the scriptures to my droid phone, but i thought it would ask me for the language selection, but it did not. i am trying to have the scriptures and other books and hyms in Spanish. Does any one knows how to do this?

When you say "the scriptures", if the app is not called "Gospel Library", it's not the church's application.

The language option will be seen as a drop-down selection at the top of the first screen when you open the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eddygonzalez

Re: Gospel Library in Other Languages

Post by eddygonzalez »

I need help changing the text-to-speech from Spain Spanish to mexico spanish. How do I change that?
lmcguire

Re: Gospel Library in Other Languages

Post by lmcguire »

Eddy,

The only languages available are those in the list. You could use the in-app feedback (from the Help option) to request that Mexican Spanish be added as an option. I would assume if enough people make that request, and the church has resources, it will happen - but without demand, it may not be seen as a priority. (I see that there are two options for Portuguese - one explicitly for Portugal, the other not labelled, but I assume it's Brazilian - so there's precedent for translating different variations of a language.)

FWIW,

Liz

Return to “Android Gospel Library”