Gospel Library for Barnes & Noble NOOKcolor

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
irawilliamson

Post by irawilliamson »

Is there anyone that can give us an update on if or when we might see the LDS apps on the Nook Color Market? I don't know about other but I am MORE then willing to pay for the app.
SimyS1

gospel library for nook color

Post by SimyS1 »

Please support and add gospel library to the nook color app store. What a wonderfull platform. I love this device and run a unrooted nook colorand feel this is a needed addition to increase the usefullness of this amazing device. Just one thought on the epub gospel library books. They are great in that they allow us to use our nook colors for gospel purposes but do not offer us the ability to swiftly switch books or find references in lessons. This is why the gospel library is so needed on the nook color!! PLEASE SUPPORT A NOOK COLOR APP OF GOSPEL LIBRARY.
cardonbj

Post by cardonbj »

Just for the heck of it, I installed the Nook Color SDK and checked out the ldssa project. It compiles and runs on the NC just fine. There are two issues I see may be a problem, but I can't actually say as I can't provision my device for development without jumping through some dumb hoops.

1. There is no "Back" hard button on the NC. Now, the emulator DOES have a back button in the notification area which would work fin assuming it shows up properly.

2. There is no "Menu" or "Option" hard button on the NC. As above, though, the emulator DOES have a menu button in the notification area which would work if it shows up.

Aside from that, the app works the same as it does on my phone. It's a little awkward only because the NC is more tablet so a landscape mode with a menu along the left similar to the LDS Scriptures app on the iPad would be nice. No idea if that is being worked on at all (that would obviously also be preferable on the Xoom).

Here are the goofy requirements to become an app developer on for Barnes and Noble...
In order to qualify to become a NOOK App Developer, we ask you to provide us with information about your business, your existing commercial applications, and your development experience, and plans. This is a summary of key qualification requirements:
  • You are a commercial company submitting the request.
  • You have developed a commercial application and/or have deployed an application already to an existing marketplace or application store.
  • You have a US Bank Account and US Tax ID.
  • Your company, vision or applications are aligned to a reading centric audience who are using the NOOK Color in the US market.
  • You are committed to assign the necessary resources and have firm plans to deliver your apps now for NOOK Color.
This is from: https://nookdeveloper.barnesandnoble.co ... p-dev.html if you click on "How to Qualify".

Seems kind of silly to need a US Bank Account and US Tax ID... I'd be willing to put some man hours behind this, but I'm not familiar with the project really (at least, not yet, and maybe it's a good way to get going?) and I also wouldn't meet the requirements. Whoever is in charge of this project on the Church's side would need to get the ball rolling.
awbaird

ldsscriptures.com

Post by awbaird »

The nook now has the gospelink-like app from ldsscriptures.com. It is nice to finally have something more than just an epub book. It has linked cross-references, conferences hymns that play, manuals, etc., but it sure will be nice to someday have the real thing on the nook...
Fishgutts

LDS Scriptures Nook Application

Post by Fishgutts »

I am not spending $15 for an Nook application that people are saying "hangs" their Nook. Any chance of someone producing something else cheaper and better?
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

We are working on producing Gospel Library for the Nook Color. I currently have no estimate of when it will be available. It will be free just as it is in other app stores once it is available though.

Asiel
gretchiemel

Post by gretchiemel »

Is there any update on Nook Color apps? I'm anxious to have the scriptures and stake directory readily available.
Willados

Gospel Library on Nook Color

Post by Willados »

Yes, I am also eagerly awaiting the gospel library for the Nook Color. I really enjoy having all of the great LDS apps on my phone, but the larger screen of the Nook will be fantastic.

I got tired of waiting, so I did purchase the $15 LDS Scriptures app. So far I have had no difficulties with it on my unmodified or rooted Nook Color. I do not like it as much as I do the Gospel Library on my phone, it is a good app. I have had none of the difficulties reported by some.

None-the-less, once the Gospel Library is available for the Nook Color I will be getting it...even if it costs money. It would be money well spent as far as I am concerned.
trevorh

Post by trevorh »

Is this still in the works? I just bought 2 units to give to my daughters for Christmas (they're currently selling refurbished units for $149), and would love to have the scriptures all ready to go for them. :)
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

This is still in the works. We are waiting on legal approval for the B&N App Store. Thanks for your patience!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”