Scriptures for Cruz Reader SE

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
bianuzi

Scriptures for Cruz Reader SE

Post by bianuzi »

Does anyone know how/where I can download the scriptures for the Cruz Reader SE? It is suppose to run on an Android system but is very different than the Android phone. It has a 7" screen and works more like an Ipad.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bianuzi wrote:Does anyone know how/where I can download the scriptures for the Cruz Reader SE? It is suppose to run on an Android system but is very different than the Android phone. It has a 7" screen and works more like an Ipad.
Any suggestions?

Since the Cruz Reader does run on the Android platform, it seems that the Gospel Library for Android should work. Have you tried to download it? See the Mobile Applications page for Android on lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

The best I have found, by far, is the Reveal rea[quote][/QUOTE]der Android app. It's indexing, cross referencing and navigation are th best I have found.
mcblueangel

Post by mcblueangel »

I have tried to download app from the churches site and all it shows me is a page error. App does not download from android app market
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

PC Magazine did a review several months ago of the device, and said that while it uses the Android OS, it doesn't take Android apps, Cruz developed their own store. The review gives no further details, but it explains why you could not get the Gospel Library app. For those wondering what the device looks like here is that review, has a slideshow.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369117,00.asp
mkunzler

Post by mkunzler »

JamesAnderson wrote:PC Magazine ... said that while it uses the Android OS, it doesn't take Android apps, Cruz developed their own store.
I have the cruz reader r101 and it does take android apps, but doesn't have access to the android market. I have downloaded several androids for my Cruz, and they work just fine.

I had searched for a way to download the Scripture and was able to find a beta version on this web site. And provided "feed back" asking to post the market version. I just went to where I found the beta version (so I could post a link to it) and they have posted the market version. Here is the link https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Gos ... or_Android .

Thanks for posting it who ever you are!
mcblueangel

Post by mcblueangel »

Hi,

For those of us with the Cruz reader, the app is available in the android freeware lovers page. It has the older version, the new version has not been added to the site.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”