Production Download

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
Neal Ostrander-p40

Production Download

Post by Neal Ostrander-p40 »

Would it be possible to post the production version on the lds tech site for downloading. I have a android tablet device and google doesn't allow access to the market for tablet devices yet so I can't download from there. I have downloaded the latest development version and it works great on the device but would like to upgrade it to the production version. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Neal
twecker

Post by twecker »

I second that request for the .apk file. I have a tablet running Android. It's not a phone loaded with Google Market, so there is no way to get the current Gospel Library (I am aware of) other than copying the .apk file and installing it. I've searched everywhere and the .apk isn't out there to download. I did load the latest development Gospel Library version and it runs well but it must be missing something, since it's 1/2 the size of the released version. I'm surprised that the church would rely on a commercial entity (Google) to be the only source for the application. I'm also looking forward to manuals and other works like on my prior electronic reader, a Palm OS device using Mobipocket. That one I used for 8 years. I think Android will eventually overtake all the operating systems out there (i.e. Linux, Win CE.....) except for maybe full featured Windows. Google is well funded (unlike other contenders) and will not go away easily.

T. Wecker
skiddlyarcus

Post by skiddlyarcus »

jallmitch

Post by jallmitch »

Any work being done for Andriod 3.0? I have looked through the forums and have not seen any memtion of it.
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

We plan to start looking into issues we have in the 3.0 version of android in an emulator soon. If you have a device you could help us test on please contact me directly.

Asiel

Return to “Android Gospel Library”