No Data

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
delivery_dragon-p40

No Data

Postby delivery_dragon-p40 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

I have a phone that was originally WinMo which I later rooted and installed Android. I also bought the phone before Verizon required all smart phones to have data plans, and so I've blocked all data on my phone because I can't afford a data plan right now. because of this, I can't download the database directly to my phone. I downloaded the database and lucene index directory structure from the link on https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Gospel_Library_for_Android, and put them on my SD, but the app doesn't seem to be able to 'see' the files in sdcard/ldssa. I tried rebooting, and when I did it deleted the .db file, but left the other files in the folder. Can anyone help me out?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:56 pm

Are you able to turn on WiFi and let the phone connect and download the data itself?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

delivery_dragon-p40

Postby delivery_dragon-p40 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 pm

No, I am not able to access WiFi

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 pm

As far as I can tell, the app does not use the SD card. Since I haven't rooted my phone, I'm not sure where it's placing the data.

Maybe one of the developers will see this and comment.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”