No Data

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
delivery_dragon-p40

No Data

Post by delivery_dragon-p40 »

I have a phone that was originally WinMo which I later rooted and installed Android. I also bought the phone before Verizon required all smart phones to have data plans, and so I've blocked all data on my phone because I can't afford a data plan right now. because of this, I can't download the database directly to my phone. I downloaded the database and lucene index directory structure from the link on https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Gos ... or_Android, and put them on my SD, but the app doesn't seem to be able to 'see' the files in sdcard/ldssa. I tried rebooting, and when I did it deleted the .db file, but left the other files in the folder. Can anyone help me out?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you able to turn on WiFi and let the phone connect and download the data itself?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
delivery_dragon-p40

Post by delivery_dragon-p40 »

No, I am not able to access WiFi
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As far as I can tell, the app does not use the SD card. Since I haven't rooted my phone, I'm not sure where it's placing the data.

Maybe one of the developers will see this and comment.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”