Send email to developer - error

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
cottrells

Send email to developer - error

Post by cottrells »

The developer email address given with the app in Android Market gospellibrary-android@ldschurch.org is currently returning a message
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
gospellibrary-android@ldschurch.org
Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Code: Select all

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: ldschurch.org

gospellibrary-android@ldschurch.org
#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##rfc822;gospellibrary-android@ldschurch.org
Original message headers: <snip>
</snip>

Code: Select all

Original-Recipient: rfc822;gospellibrary-android@ldschurch.org
Final-Recipient: rfc822;gospellibrary-android@ldschurch.org
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required
I can provide the Original message headers: if needed.
jackcholt

Post by jackcholt »

I guess someone in church tech will have to address the email bounce problem but what was the content of the email? Can we help here?
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

I was going to start a new thread on this issue, but since you asked.

I was reviewing the talk that Elder Ballard gave at the April 2010 General Conference and found that the text within the Gospel Library for Android app finished right before the sub-heading Anointing. Is this an issue with my installation or a general problem in the app?

I'm using an HTC Desire running Android 2.1
swliddle

Post by swliddle »

cottrells wrote:I was going to start a new thread on this issue, but since you asked.

I was reviewing the talk that Elder Ballard gave at the April 2010 General Conference and found that the text within the Gospel Library for Android app finished right before the sub-heading Anointing. Is this an issue with my installation or a general problem in the app?

I'm using an HTC Desire running Android 2.1
I see the issue -- you mean Oakes, not Ballard. Yes, the talk ends prematurely in the database. The "General Conference" and "Church Publications" materials were added recently and haven't had the thorough shake-down the scriptures have received. I also think they're lacking other elements and I want to see more mark-up in those docs. I've logged an issue in JIRA for this, and I'll be working on it this month. As we expand the available set of docs, we will correct this problem.

Thanks for the report -- it helps.
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

swliddle wrote:I see the issue -- you mean Oakes, not Ballard.
Oops, yes, sorry it was Elder Oaks talk Healing the Sick that I was referring too. Thanks.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

cottrells,

We were doing some work on the support e-mail addresses (making sure they're set up properly, etc). This probably cause the address to stop working temporarily, but it should be working very soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”