Handling Footnotes

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
brothergui-p40

Non-scriptural footnotes

Post by brothergui-p40 »

I'm not entirety sure I should post this here, but it seems to be an appropriate place.

As I was using the program today to look at some Conference talks, I was a bit disappointed that I was unable to follow scripture links within the talk. I could click on the link, but there was no further action.

In another talk, the author had used footnotes instead of references within the text itself. This was even more frustrating than the non-functional links in the previous example. The footnote numbering was integrated into the text as regular, full-sized type, with no actual notes at the end of the text.

I would love to see the in-text scripture references clickable and fully functional, taking me outside of the talk and to the referenced text. Also, in talks that utilize footnotes, having an overlay system like that currently used with the scriptures portion of the program would be great. The current implementation of simply having the numbers in there, not even super-scripted, is unattractive and without purpose.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”