GL won't open

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
charsmit

GL won't open

Post by charsmit »

GL on kindle Fire. Using app every day for several weeks, last time 3/22, no issues. Today GL won't open. Touch Icon, acting like reloading then flips back to icon on home page. Settings say it is loaded. Did restart, nothing. What to do?
C. Smith
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: GL won't open

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have the app installed on an SD card, or on internal storage? Did you install it via the Amazon Appstore? What version of the app do you have? The latest version, 5.2.0, from Monday or Tuesday (not sure which day it went live on the Amazon Appstore), has a white Moroni on a black background, instead of yellow on black. Also, what kind of Kindle Fire do you have, and are the latest Fire OS system updates installed?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
charsmit

Post by charsmit »

I should have waited and talked with my grandson. He said it sounded to him like it was doing an update. He thought patience would solve the issue. I waited, did a restart and it was back to normal. I guess he was right. However I must not have the update because I still have the yellow Moroni. I have a Kindle Fire 8-seventh generation. Maybe it is no longer serviced with updates. That happened with my first Kindle which is why I got a new one. Back to my grandson and see what he can figure out. Thanks for the reply.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

charsmit wrote:I should have waited and talked with my grandson. He said it sounded to him like it was doing an update. He thought patience would solve the issue. I waited, did a restart and it was back to normal. I guess he was right. However I must not have the update because I still have the yellow Moroni. I have a Kindle Fire 8-seventh generation. Maybe it is no longer serviced with updates. That happened with my first Kindle which is why I got a new one. Back to my grandson and see what he can figure out. Thanks for the reply.
Not to fork the thread, but this just tickled me. Reminded me of a cartoon I saw of a little girl talking to her grandfather: "Grandpa, if you will teach me how to tie my shoes, I'll teach you how to run the computer..."

Return to “Android Gospel Library”