Gospel Library APK link doesn't lead to an APK

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
Wilsonite

Gospel Library APK link doesn't lead to an APK

Post by Wilsonite »

Does anyone know where the APKs for Gospel Library are at? I followed the link on the following page for LDS tools and sideloading that APK worked great, but following the Gospel Library link doesn't lead to its respective APK.
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Android_sideloading

I'm using LineageOS on an older smartphone and I'm trying to see how far I can get without using Google. I believe there is an app, Yalp, that will let me get it through the store. But this webpage leads me to believe that that shouldn't be necessary. It's too bad that the only closed source apps on my phone will be from the Church...
ryanbroome

Re: Gospel Library APK link doesn't lead to an APK

Post by ryanbroome »

I am also interested to see if I can find an older version apk that my tablet can still use. The lastedt is not compatible. I found the link to the Gospel Library doesn't work either.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ryanbroome wrote:I am also interested to see if I can find an older version apk that my tablet can still use. The lastedt is not compatible. I found the link to the Gospel Library doesn't work either.
Do you have the Play Store on your tablet? The Play Store will provide an older version of the app to devices that aren't able to run the latest.
That said, older versions of Gospel Library (earlier than Gospel Library 5) are no longer receiving content updates.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
djclarkson

Post by djclarkson »

Not necessarily. Some tablets do not, even though they are Android based. We want to sideload them, which is not the same as downloading it from the Play Store. We can directly install the APK and still be able to sign in with our login.

Either that, or we'd like a fully linked epub version of the Quad.
Cmanrogers

Post by Cmanrogers »

djclarkson wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:45 pm Not necessarily. Some tablets do not, even though they are Android based. We want to sideload them, which is not the same as downloading it from the Play Store. We can directly install the APK and still be able to sign in with our login.

Either that, or we'd like a fully linked epub version of the Quad.
And you can access it here: https://cdn.churchofjesuschrist.org/mob ... latest.apk
Christian Rogers

Return to “Android Gospel Library”