Gospel Library crashes on Lineage OS

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ceastwood

Gospel Library crashes on Lineage OS

Post by ceastwood »

Got Lineage OS running on a Nexus 5. Installed Yalp Store (trying to expunge my reliance on Google) and installed Gospel Library through Yalp. First, it said it was a split config (I think that was the term), but eventually got it to install. However, now it crashes on opening, as in, the moment I tap on the icon, it says it stopped working.

Any ideas? Am I forced to use Google forever?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library crashes on Lineage OS

Post by lajackson »

Actually, it is not working for me right now on Android 8, so I would say the jury is still out. There may be something amiss with the latest version of GL.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The latest versions of Gospel Library for Android are built and uploaded to the Google Play Store using app bundles. More information about the app bundle format can be found here:
https://developer.android.com/guide/app-bundle

Basically, an app bundle is a set of APKs, where each APK is optimized for a specific type of device. I'm not sure if third-party app stores support app bundles, but I'm guessing that's the issue – Yalp is likely installing the wrong APK for your device because it doesn't know how to read the app bundle format to choose the correct one.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:Actually, it is not working for me right now on Android 8, so I would say the jury is still out. There may be something amiss with the latest version of GL.
GL is working fine for me. The problem I had was resolved, and the app itself appears to be in fine form.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”