Syncing Error - Annotations are not synced anymore

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
marc.wettering

Syncing Error - Annotations are not synced anymore

Post by marc.wettering »

Hi All

After some intense study in the Gospel Library for a period of 2 weeks (actually now it's been 3 months) with lots of annotations, I realized suddenly that my annotations weren't syncing anymore.
The app asked me to reinter my login information, which did not work (I am certain my credentials right because I tried logging in the several web apps of the church).

Below I have posted the initial error code. Sometimes this changes to [Unable to resolve host “mobile.lds.org”: No address associated with hostname]. Last time I checked however it was the same error message as below just a slightly different error code (ssl=0x7253cb2b80).

Can someone help me out what I can do? I sync across other devices as well but there I have synced turned off because of this message. However the other devices did not show this error and seem to work fine.

If there is no proper fix other than reinstalling the app, please let me know if and how I can export and reimport these annotations after reinstall. I would be devasted losing all this.

I've tried contacting the helpdesk via the support function in the app already. However the only followed-up once and asked for some more information otherwise I have been waiting for weeks for any answers (even after several follow-ups already).

Below you'll find the initial error code and some device information, in case that helps.

Thank you so much for your help in adavance.

Last sync result: Error: [Read error: ssl=0x78e3535c00: I/O error during system call, Connection reset by peer]

System Info
Android version: 8.0.0 (SDK: 26)
Kernel: 4.4.111-14315050-QB19886084
Google Play Services: 14.5.74 (040408-219897028)
Android System WebView: 66.0.3359.126
Chrome version: 70.0.3538.80
Device name: dreamlte
Device manufacturer: samsung
Device brand: samsung
Device model: SM-G950F
Network: WIFI CONNECTED "PearsonSpectreLitt_5GHz"
Device display: 1080x2094
Screen density: 2.625
Device locale: Deutsch
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Syncing Error - Annotations are not synced anymore

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have a notebook called "Journal" that was created using the "Restore Journal" menu option? There's a bug that should be fixed in the next update, where the Restore Journal feature creates a notebook without an ID, which is needed for it to sync properly. If that's the case for you, renaming the notebook or editing it in some other way will cause an ID to be created and allow it to sync correctly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”