Pixel 3...stuck on loading screen

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
butlerrl

Pixel 3...stuck on loading screen

Post by butlerrl »

I am trying to get Gospel Library to open on a Pixel 3. Brand new phone. All the other LDS apps are working just fine. However, the Gospel Library app is getting stuck on the splash screen...specifically it is stuck and says on the bottom "Updating Gospel Library" and I can't get past that screen...I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried an older version of the app....nothing is working. Any help? :D
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Pixel 3...stuck on loading screen

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have any apps or services installed that do web filtering or content blocking? Some filtering services block the Church's content servers.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
butlerrl

Post by butlerrl »

It does have the Verizon Smart Family service on it. Is there someway to unblock it that you know of?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't know a lot about Verizon Smart Family, but there should be a way either to whitelist a website as trusted or allowed, or to send feedback to Verizon Smart Family requesting that sites be unblocked. Here are the main URLs that are needed for Gospel Library to work correctly (the asterisk means it includes anything that might be before that in the URL, like "www" for example):
*.lds.org
*.ldscdn.org

You could try temporarily disabling Verizon Smart Family to verify that that's the problem.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”