Bookmarks missing from Gospel Library this morning

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
andrusfive

Bookmarks missing from Gospel Library this morning

Post by andrusfive »

I listened to my Book of Mormon on my phone this morning and went to update my Bookmark and there were no bookmarks. All were missing. I have logged out and back in. Synced. and shut my phone down and restarted. Any ideas what has gone wrong?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Bookmarks missing from Gospel Library this morning

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of Gospel Library are you running? And what kind of phone (iOS or Android)?
Are your bookmarks available at Study.LDS.org?
Do you use other types of annotations, like highlights or notes? If so, are those still around?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
andrusfive

Post by andrusfive »

I am using the most recent version of Gospel Library 5.0.3 Android Version 8.0.0.
The bookmarks are not available on Study.LDS.org
Other annotations seem to be intact on the web version.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are the other annotations intact in the Gospel Library app as well?
Do you see the bookmarks at Study.LDS.org after navigating to a chapter (for example, upper right side of this page: https://www.lds.org/study/scriptures/bo ... e?lang=eng)?
andrusfive

Post by andrusfive »

The annotations seem to be correct. The bookmarks do not exist in the app or online.
andrusfive

Post by andrusfive »

My apologies, I figured out the problem. My wife thought she was signed in as herself, but she was still on my account and deleted them. Sorry for bother.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm glad you figured it out! Sorry they got deleted.
loshad16

Re: Most Everything is Missing from Gospel Library this morning

Post by loshad16 »

Pretty much everything is missing from the Gospel Library this morning in Android. I only have 4 items, Notes, Come Follow Me, General Conference, and Tips. There is no option to re-sync and I already tried to reboot the device. Same lack of items in my Library. All of the General Conferences have to be re-downloaded as well.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Most Everything is Missing from Gospel Library this morning

Post by sbradshaw »

loshad16 wrote:Pretty much everything is missing from the Gospel Library this morning in Android. I only have 4 items, Notes, Come Follow Me, General Conference, and Tips. There is no option to re-sync and I already tried to reboot the device. Same lack of items in my Library. All of the General Conferences have to be re-downloaded as well.
The Android app hasn't been updated since November, though content updates have happened since then (but I would expect a problem to be more wide-spread, if there was a general content problem). Have you updated the phone, moved the app to or from a different storage location, or anything like that recently? Do you have any sort of "cleaner" apps that clear notifications, caches, etc. (sometimes those kinds of apps can clear out app data)? To force the app to check for a content update, you can pull downward on the library home screen. You'll see a progress spinner towards the top. Are you on English content (as opposed to American Sign Language, for example?
curtismset

Post by curtismset »

Hello.
Just scanned through the previous year of Come Follow Me on my app (Android) and can find none if the noted I took in lessons, using the orange tap on button for personal note taking available for each weeks topics. I saved every note when done writing down inspirations. Where'd they go? I am correctly looking in my account, signed in, Gospel Library app.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”