Content won't dowload

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sarahanes

Content won't dowload

Post by sarahanes »

When I select download for any of the videos on my android phone or tablet the box simply disappears and nothing happens. No errors either. I can select it repeatedly and it never does anything.
geneb000

Re: Content won't dowload

Post by geneb000 »

Same problem here for about the last 6 mo. Could easily download videos until then. Now app downloads first 989 bytes (exactly) and then quits, and of course file is not playable. Occurs on ALL of our android devices. Others in ward have same problem. Clearing the downloaded file stub and trying again gives same results. Any help would be appreciated!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Content won't dowload

Post by sbradshaw »

geneb000 wrote:Same problem here for about the last 6 mo. Could easily download videos until then. Now app downloads first 989 bytes (exactly) and then quits, and of course file is not playable. Occurs on ALL of our android devices. Others in ward have same problem. Clearing the downloaded file stub and trying again gives same results. Any help would be appreciated!
Do you have any VPN or content blocking services turned on? For example, T-Mobile Web Guard blocks some of the Church's content servers, and if it's enabled, the phone would download a T-Mobile error page (which could be 989 bytes) instead of the video.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”