Quicker way to take a note

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
kylefin

Quicker way to take a note

Post by kylefin »

I'd love to use Gospel Library for quickly jotting down promptings or thoughts, but currently there's a lot of mental overhead deciding where I should put it (i.e. finding a relevant passage to mark or navigating through multiple menus to find a notebook it belongs in).

Ideally, I'd like an Android "app shortcut" (https://developer.android.com/guide/top ... shortcuts/) so I can long-press the Gospel Library app icon from my home screen and tap "New Note" to jump right into editing a note (where I could add tags / notebooks if desired).

It could be nice to have "New Note" more present in menus throughout the app, but that may clutter things up for people who don't often use the app for notes.

I'd love to contribute by developing / prototyping the "app shortcut" if that's an option (I'll look more into what I need to do to contribute)

Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Quicker way to take a note

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend sending it as a feature request under Send Feedback in Gospel Library settings. I like the idea of shortcuts for common tasks.

The Notes section of Gospel Library will remember your most recent tab, so if you go into Notes, and go to the Notebooks tab, it will remember that you were on the Notebooks tab the next time you go into Notes. That might help some. Also, you could try creating a notebook for all of your notes (you could call it something generic like "Thoughts"), and keep that notebook open in a Gospel Library screen – you can have multiple screens to save the sections of the app where you're currently studying. The screens list can be found by tapping the second icon from the right at the top, then going to the Screens tab.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kylefin

Re: Quicker way to take a note

Post by kylefin »

I sent a feature request. Thanks for the suggestions!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”