Unable to open or download content to Gospel Library

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
rkfrates

Re: Unable to open or download content to Gospel Library

Post by rkfrates »

We were having the same problem on my son's Samsung s9+ phone. I finally unpaired his device with the Verizon family companion app and uninstalled it. I then uninstalled Gospel Library and reinstalled it. It worked! I almost gave up while installing because it paused in the same spot it had been stalling before but it worked! Yay! I just thought I would put this out there for others.
ronin718

Post by ronin718 »

fredbloem wrote:Considering that I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling an app, you most likely have an app on your devices that prevent you from downloading the CFM curriculum.
That is quite the stretch of thought. Just because uninstalling the app worked for you doesn't mean that is the end-all solution for the problem. There is no "1.1.1.1:Faster & Safer Internet" app on the Samsung Galaxy S to be uninstalled. I looked. And considering that the same issue occurred on my Galaxy Tab A, it appears to go beyond just the single app issue. This is a problem that Salt Lake needs to look at.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

ronin718 wrote:
fredbloem wrote:Considering that I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling an app, you most likely have an app on your devices that prevent you from downloading the CFM curriculum.
That is quite the stretch of thought. Just because uninstalling the app worked for you doesn't mean that is the end-all solution for the problem. There is no "1.1.1.1:Faster & Safer Internet" app on the Samsung Galaxy S to be uninstalled. I looked. And considering that the same issue occurred on my Galaxy Tab A, it appears to go beyond just the single app issue. This is a problem that Salt Lake needs to look at.
ronin718, if you feel "Salt Lake needs to look at a problem" (i.e. the developers) you need to send feedback from within the app or via lds.org to get this concern to those who set the developer's priorities. Unless another user in the forum like yourself has stumbled on a solution, no one here will be able to help. This forum is user-to-user help, not an official support arm for the church.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ronin718 wrote:It's not limited to the Note 9. My wife has an old Galaxy Tab S and can't download the CFM curriculum, and I had similar problems with my Galaxy S7 and then it finally loaded. Constantly getting "check your internet connection", and there's no problem there as I can function elsewhere on the Tab S.
What version of Gospel Library are you running? And what version of Android is on your devices? You mentioned that you don't have any content-blocking apps installed. Do you have a VPN enabled, or any filtering services at the network level, like T-Mobile's Web Guard, etc.? Also, have you tried on a different Wi-Fi network?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”