Unable to D/L conference talks and other gripes

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
btphelps

Unable to D/L conference talks and other gripes

Post by btphelps »

I'm grateful for the recent updates, but why oh why oh why does the app download the same content again and again and again?

This morning in Sunday School I opened the app and once again it slowly began to finish an update or re-load content, I'm not sure which, then crashed. I restarted it, and two long minutes later the splash screen completed and the app opened, only to resume downloading the scriptures, annotations, and some of the other content I've previously downloaded. It seems like every time the app is updated, it re-downloads the same content. The church WiFi is always overloaded and sloooow which makes the problem worse, forcing me to turn off WiFi and use my mobile connection.

I previously downloaded general conference sessions. Today they are gone. When I attempted to download them again, the app crashed 3x before I gave up. Why doesn't the app remember what I already downloaded and include the same downloaded content after an update?

Why isn't the content independent of the app? The app is hardly usable when I have to wait 3 to 5 minutes to begin using it. It seems like I have to plan to open the app far in advance each time I plan to use it in church in case another update has taken place. Why are content updates even permitted on a Sunday when everyone likely wants to do one thing, use it while in church?

Thanks for any insights or help you can offer.

Running v5.0 3 on a Galaxy Tab E.

Regards,
Brian
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to D/L conference talks and other gripes

Post by russellhltn »

When did the app update? Updates frequently cause a re-load.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”