UPDATING ENDLESSLY

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: UPDATING ENDLESSLY

Post by sbradshaw »

rashelferrin wrote:Hi,
Nope, I can't get into Settings or anything within the app--it just goes to the blank screen, then nothing else. I am hoping that this message will get to the iOS library support team since I sent this to them? I'll try deleting and reinstalling the app-with my LDS account open-hope that helps. Thanks for taking the time to write back to me!
Check and make sure that your notes and bookmarks appear on LDS.org in a web browser, after you sign in with your LDS Account – that's how you can know if they've been syncing, since you can't get into the app to verify that you were signed in there. The iOS Gospel Library support team email is gospelstudyapp@gmail.com.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rashelferrin

Post by rashelferrin »

Ok, thank you :)
So, why did it update on my iPad and not my iPhone?
All of my notes are there in my iPad and on my web browser. But, since my iPad is synced with my phone, if I delete the app from my phone, it won't it delete them from my iPad as well? I'm just a little nervous to do this.
Thanks in advance!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If your notes appear on LDS.org and/or on other devices, they're safely synced, and they won't be lost by deleting the app.

When you're signed in to Gospel Library with your LDS Account – syncing your annotations – the "master copy" of everything is stored on the Church's servers, and also backed up periodically. What's on your devices is just a copy. When you add or delete annotations using the buttons and menus in the app, the app sends those changes to the Church servers, and from the Church servers, it syncs back down to any other devices.

Deleting the app is different. Because you're not using the buttons and menus in the app to add or delete annotations, the app doesn't know that anything changed, so it won't try to send changes to the server. (In fact, even if Gospel Library wanted to contact the server, it couldn't, because the app no longer exists. :) )

As long as your annotations show up on LDS.org and/or other devices, then deleting the app is perfectly safe.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rashelferrin

Post by rashelferrin »

Ok, thanks so much for that explanation. That really does help to understand it better! I really appreciate your help and support here. I'll let you know if it works!
rashelferrin

Post by rashelferrin »

It worked like a charm to delete it, then re-install it! Thank you again so much :)
HMH60

Post by HMH60 »

I had the same problem. Tried uninstalling and re-installing several times. Now it only give me a "Unfortunately, Gospel Library has stopped" error message... v. 4.2.1.4
HMH60

Post by HMH60 »

And, coincidentally(?), my Mormon Channel app gave me the same message, problem.
tbarrott

Post by tbarrott »

I recently had this problem and went into the app store and updated the app. Then it let access the app
HMH60

Post by HMH60 »

Update: I re-installed a 4th time and this time it worked. Thank you all!
helguero

Tengo problemas con mi biblioteca del evangelio par Huawei

Post by helguero »

Hace unos días funcionaba bien la aplicación de la librería del evangelio pero ahora no habré reinstale dos veces reinicie mi celular pero sigue sin funcionar ¿como puedo solucionarlo? Esta herramienta es de gran ayuda para mi..

Return to “Android Gospel Library”