highlight colors

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lngridsearch

highlight colors

Post by lngridsearch »

I can't seem to change the color of highlights or underscores from the seeming defaults shown in the drop down options. I try; I choose a different color from the options and click the checkmate but the color remains unchanged.

I'd be grateful for help. I'm trying to study the scriptures but I'm floundering instead...
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: highlight colors

Post by sbradshaw »

Did your screen rotate while you were in the chapter? There's a known bug where rotating the screen while you're in the chapter causes the full color palette to not work (only the recent styles work). If you leave the chapter and come back, without rotating your screen, does it work?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lngridsearch

Post by lngridsearch »

No, I didn't rotate the screen.
lngridsearch

Post by lngridsearch »

'd be grateful if someone would explain how to highlight. Here's what I'm doing:
1. Long press text to get handles.
2. Move handles to desired positions.
3. Tap capital A that appears in bar at top of screen
4. Wonder why 3 colors are pre picked for me (don't want any of them)
5. Tap palette icon (I've tried picking one of the default colors too and changing it.)
6. Pick color
7. Tap check mark that appears at top of screen because there's nothing else to tap
8. Notice that text has not been highlighted, or color has not changed.
9. Scratch head. Sigh. Wonder how I'm going to mark the way Isaiah is quoted by other prophets and the Savior. (My current study project.)
10. Laugh at the impulse to use Sharpie on the screen.
11. Take a nap because Isaiah wears me out anyway.
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

I've had the exact same problem on my Sprint LG G5 since the last big update to the new version of the app. It's really messing up my color code system for marking scriptures. Screen rotation doesn't seem to have anything to do with the issue - it's always present.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

We've reproduced the issue selecting colors from the full palette when the screen is rotated while viewing content, but haven't seen it without rotating... if you have any more insights about how to reproduce the problem, to help the developers debug it, let me know, and I'll pass it along.

In any case – Gospel Library (Android) 4.0.5 is currently in beta and will be released soon. In the update after that (4.0.6 or 4.1.0, depending), the annotation bar will be revamped, which includes removing the "recent styles" list and making the full palette more prominent. If the issue isn't resolved in 4.0.5, it will be in 4.0.6/4.1.0.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”