Update bookmark with a long press

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
parryj1

Update bookmark with a long press

Post by parryj1 »

I miss this feature! Please bring it back so i can do a long press to update my book mark instead of clicking the settings and then update.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Update bookmark with a long press

Post by lajackson »

parryj1 wrote:I miss this feature! Please bring it back so i can do a long press to update my book mark instead of clicking the settings and then update.
I miss it, too. But they changed the long press so that it lets you move the bookmark, because they changed the way bookmarks position themselves in the list. What a marvel it is, this technology.

For me, the triple dot dropdown menu is so close to the edge of the phone that I often miss it, the bookmark opens the item to the original location, and then I have to figure out where I really was when I was trying to set the bookmark. My life keeps repeating itself before my very eyes.
forbushd

Re: Update bookmark with a long press

Post by forbushd »

This is a major issue when I am doing verse-by-verse readings and at the bottom. I cannot update the bookmark to any verse but the one that is at the top of the viewport. You might, well, just finish the chapter, but I say, why can’t I do on Android what I can on the web, Windows and iOS versions of Gospel Library? On those, I can tap on the bottom icon in margin ans drag that bookmark to wherever I need it, including near the bottom of the chapter which I can't on Android. So after all these year, why can’t I still bookmark verses that are near the end of a chapter that are below top of the viewport in Android? Serious feature limitation!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”