"Cast to a nearby device" issue

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
callieh

Re: "Cast to a nearby device" issue

Post by callieh »

My husband and I are also having this difficulty. We have Android phones. I don't have bluetooth enabled on my phone, so that isn't a fix for me. At the church building we were able to use the app on Sunday. But it doesn't work at home. We don't have any Chromecast devices, so a neighbor must. I'm going to have to go old school back a the books I hold. I like listening to my scriptures while I do housework.
MelissaBaugh

Post by MelissaBaugh »

Heard back, looks like airplane mode does stop it, but this is a temporary fix as you can't download. Having Bluetooth off didn't work for us. I hope a fix is coming.
gregulator450

Re: Chromecast

Post by gregulator450 »

After the latest update my phone's gospel library automatically tries to get me to chromecast whenever I try to read scriptures. I have to reboot my phone every time to get it to stop. It's getting ridiculous, and I'm about to uninstall the app for good if a fix isn't impmemented. Carrying a stack of books to church and flipping through them for answers is less of a hassle than fighting the "cast" screen for 10 minutes every time I try to open the app.
shawncrawley

Post by shawncrawley »

I also am having this issue (on a Moto G 1st Gen.). It just started doing it over the last couple of days. I really hope this gets fixed on the next release.
chrisG5

Post by chrisG5 »

kevinkjohn wrote:I'm having the same issue on an LGV20. Please fix!
Me too. Same phone, same problem!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My wild guess is that you need to disable the wireless adapter on your mobile device. If your device detects a Chromecast or similar device on the local network, it may ask if you want to cast to that device. Turning off the wireless adapter on your mobile device should prevent that. It will also prevent you from streaming videos over the meetinghouse Wi-Fi.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
cicook

Post by cicook »

This problem just started this morning for me on my android phone. I saw in my notifications that there was a push from Google. I went to "Google Settings", clicked on "Google Cast", and disabled it. The problem seems to have gone away. :)
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Have you tried disabling the wireless adapter on your phone? That should prevent it from detecting any "cast" devices on the local network.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
MelissaBaugh

Post by MelissaBaugh »

Gasp I didn't know that was in there! I'm going to have my husband do it. I'll also have him email the app people so they know.
Answer is found! Go to Google Settings, click on Google Cast, disable.
jcotys

Post by jcotys »

Having the same problem with my droid turbo 2. Opened other apps and its only in the gospel library is when this pops up.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”