Downloaded Gospel Library Content Disappears After Closing App

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
tysonjg

Downloaded Gospel Library Content Disappears After Closing App

Post by tysonjg »

Hello,

I am using LDS Gospel Library v4.0.1.2 on Android 6.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy Note 5)

Ever since updating to this new version of Gospel Library, I've noticed an issue where content that is downloaded within the app seems to be deleted after the app is closed.

Example: If I launch LDS Gospel Library and open the "Scriptures" category, The Standard Works and associated materials appear "grayed out" (indictating that they have not been downloaded). If I tap on a book, (e.g. The Book of Mormon), the book downloads and I can read it. I can repeat this process for any content in the Library (General Conference Ensign, Teachings of the Presidents, etc...) However, as soon as I exit Gospel Library and then start the app again, all the content is again "grayed out" as if I had never downloaded it before. I think I've downloaded "The Book of Mormon" about 15 times today while at church.

Please fix this issue as I often don't have access to the Internet (and thus unable to re-download the content) when I want to read from LDS Gospel Library.

Also, please make downloads from Gospel Library use WiFi by default. When I reinstalled the app this afternoon (hoping it would remedy the download issue) I noticed that it was chewing up my wireless phone data rather than WiFi. I found the option to force WiFi only in the settings, but I think most users would expect an app like this use WiFi unless they opt into using cellular data.

Thank you
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Downloaded Gospel Library Content Disappears After Closing App

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend deleting and reinstalling the app to see if that fixes the download issue. If it persists after a reinstall, you can send an in-app feedback email to the Gospel Library support team who can help troubleshoot a little more – sending in-app feedback attaches basic info about your device that's helpful for debugging.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cheryledstrom

Post by cheryledstrom »

Thank you. I was having the same issue and uninstallng/reinstalling fixed it.
brentm

Post by brentm »

It's 2019 and this site is the only one with disappearing content!
When logged onto my account at: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ if the app times out I log back in, but all the content disappear when accessed.
In FireFox it won't even take that long. Study for Come, Follow Me? Look up a scripture? Forget about it.
I'll even provide a screen recording. Click on scriptures and you see the bible, bom, dc, ect. appear. After two seconds they all disappear. It's a miracle.
I've already reported this but have been ignored. It's ridiculous that an app with 17 million potential users can't even work out something as simple as this.
Every time the app times out, i have to close the browser, which have other open tabs, and restart the whole session.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”