Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
tslemke

Re: Gospel 4.0 update lost all notes

Post by tslemke »

sbradshaw wrote:
trwilkerst wrote:That did restore the "journal" entries but it made the date for all my Journal entries today's date. It would have been nice to preserve the date. Is there any way to get the date restored?
This is the reason we didn't make the transition automatic – it updates the date modified of all the annotations, because they were moved to a new notebook. All of the dates created are still there, it's just the date modified that was updated. The designers chose to show the date modified instead of the date created on the notes... I'm hoping that the date created will be visible and sortable in the future. In short, no, there's no way for the previous date modified to be restored.

So why is there not a warning in the UI? Seems like really poor UX to me. It is really sad that I lost all of my meta data. Is there any way to get a back up of the proper dates?
dchoughton

Post by dchoughton »

I too have found that all the stuff in my many notebooks is all unsorted now in one Unassigned folder. I can access it online or on the app, but there's no way I'll find what I'm looking for among over 1800 items. I sure hope the folks messing with millions of Saints' scriptures have a way to fix this. It's a huge deal.
jessmillis

Post by jessmillis »

tslemke wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:
trwilkerst wrote:That did restore the "journal" entries but it made the date for all my Journal entries today's date. It would have been nice to preserve the date. Is there any way to get the date restored?
This is the reason we didn't make the transition automatic – it updates the date modified of all the annotations, because they were moved to a new notebook. All of the dates created are still there, it's just the date modified that was updated. The designers chose to show the date modified instead of the date created on the notes... I'm hoping that the date created will be visible and sortable in the future. In short, no, there's no way for the previous date modified to be restored.

So why is there not a warning in the UI? Seems like really poor UX to me. It is really sad that I lost all of my meta data. Is there any way to get a back up of the proper dates?
So it seems that there is still no solution. I think that the metadata is gone and there is no date created data associated with the entries and so there will never be a good solution. Sad and unfortunate :cry:
danielmhair

Post by danielmhair »

I just submitted feedback on the Android app. But I have been having these problems and have lost hours and hours of notebooks I have added to. I use all apps except iOS. I use Windows 10 app, online and the Android app.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”